Author Topic: Truck owner surprises would-be burglar  (Read 489 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Truck owner surprises would-be burglar
« on: June 05, 2004, 02:52:50 AM »
Truck owner surprises would-be burglar

RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
6/5/2004 12:27 am
Reno police said a truck owner was surprised to find a would-be burglar Thursday night hiding under the truck’s front bumper.

The owner was even more surprised, police said, when the suspect pointed an automatic pistol at him and said “I’m a police officer and I’m here to help.” The suspect then produced a cloth patch with a star on it.

When the owner approached the suspect, police said the suspect climbed on a new gray mountain bike and rode off. No injuries were reported, and nothing was stolen.

It was later learned the handgun was likely stolen during a vehicle burglary reported earlier in the day between 3:30 and 6:10 p.m. in the 400 block of Plumb Lane. Police said it’s likely the same person is responsible in both incidents.

The truck owner interrupted the burglary of his vehicle about 7:40 p.m. in the 200 block of East Moana Lane.

The suspect was described as Hispanic, 24, 5-foot 7 inches tall, 160 pounds, dirty and with a thin mustache. He carried a large black backpack and wore an Oakland Raiders shirt and Raiders pendant necklace and black cargo shorts.

Police ask anyone with information to contact detectives at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
Re: Truck owner surprises would-be burglar
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 03:16:46 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
He carried a large black backpack and wore an Oakland Raiders shirt and Raiders pendant necklace and black cargo shorts.

Police ask anyone with information to contact detectives at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

:shock: I wouldn't expect anything less from "Raider Fan" :eek:

RV
no x now!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Truck owner surprises would-be burglar
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »
Quote from: mag41vance
Quote from: Dali Llama
He carried a large black backpack and wore an Oakland Raiders shirt and Raiders pendant necklace and black cargo shorts.

:shock: I wouldn't expect anything less from "Raider Fan" :eek:

RV
:-D  :)  :-D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk