Author Topic: CHICAGO POLICE AND THE U.S. CONSTITUTION  (Read 488 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
CHICAGO POLICE AND THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
« on: June 07, 2004, 02:01:06 AM »

A friend and I were standing on a corner near downtown, distributing leaflets supporting American troops and Israel, when we were told to move by the Chicago cops. When he said, 'I have a constitutional right to peacefully be here,' the officer said, ''Screw the Constitution.'' When I said, 'I have a legal right to stand here,' I was told by Chicago's finest: ''Screw the law, and if you don't move, you're under arrest.''

I'm a 75-year-old, wounded and disabled Korean War veteran, in poor health, under doctors' care, with many medals, being treated like a 15-year-old violent punk! Cops like these make people distrust the Chicago Police. Is this the democracy we veterans fought for? Is this the justice veterans are fighting and dying for in Iraq?

Sam Schechter, Des Plaines
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 04:52:06 AM »
No, it isn't.  Chicago is not in the United States of America.  It is a communist nation-state all unto itself.  It does not honor the American flag unless there is some benefit to it, it does not honor the Constitution and it does not honor the rights of American citizens.  Chicago is simply downstream from the waste-pipes of Canada and its thought process reflects that attitude.  It is full of commies and does not deserve to be included in the roll-call of Americana.  The commies have run that city long enough.  I think we should reset our national boundaries to exclude that city and let Canada have it.  Mikey.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 07:34:02 AM »
Quote from: Mikey
I think we should reset our national boundaries to exclude that city and let Canada have it.  
...along with PRK, ask Dali Llama? :lol:  :lol:

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 06:56:55 AM »
And a goodly portion of the Northeastern Seaboard!  

Including D.C., of course.  With crime stats as high as theirs, we can honestly say it's in the interest of National Security!  :D

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline 1895GG

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:59:34 AM »
Why is it, even in Small-Town-America, that when some people pin on a badge, they take on that type of mentality?  I understand it is worse in big cities, but why anywhere in America?
Shoot That ThAng!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 01:48:32 AM »
Quote from: 1895GG
Why is it, even in Small-Town-America, that when some people pin on a badge, they take on that type of mentality?  
Dali Llama suggest it have to do with phenomenon whereby badge and gun engender outward manifestations of already present latent authoritarian personalities in some persons. :(

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 02:54:26 AM »
Dali gets my vote on that one and I think that is all to unfortuneately true in far too many cases.  

Hay Papajohn - some parts of the NE seaboard are pretty OK, until you get to kennedy/kerry land of course.  Mikey.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 07:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Mikey
Hay Papajohn - some parts of the NE seaboard are pretty OK, until you get to kennedy/kerry land of course.  Mikey.
...that be somewhat like PRK ("land of fruit and nuts"), but without the fruit, say Dali Llama!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: