Author Topic: Group buy mould in the Max.  (Read 464 times)

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
Group buy mould in the Max.
« on: June 07, 2004, 11:05:28 AM »
I know several of you got in on Lar45's C 358-180-RF GC six cavity mould deal. I cast from WW+2% tin+a catfood can of birdshot to 20 pounds and waterquenched as I cast. I'm using a .360 sizer to fit GCs and lube without actually sizing. 19.0 grains of WC-820 drives them at 1980 from my Handy and will shoot one inch 50 yard groups as long as I feel like shooting.

19.0 grains of H-110 gives the same inch groups, but only 1800 fps. There is room to work up there, but I only shot a few groups to check speed of my lot of WC-820.

I am absolutely tickled with this mould and would like to hear from anyone else using it.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline JPH45

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 02:12:14 PM »
DJ, wasn't able to get one of those, sure sounds like I missed out on a good bullet though. Sounds like quite a few folks around are liking it real good. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours. JP
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:32:06 PM »
Vance left his one out of his range report. Throwing out the first two shoots from a clean bore, his rifle shoots this bullet as well as mine does. The next five shots went into not more than an inch at fifty yards.

The load was 19.0 grains of WC-680 which I had previously chrongraphed at 1980 fps. With the big meplat of the 180 grain bullet, this should be an awesome deer load for the woods hunter.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.