Author Topic: Walker  (Read 726 times)

Offline Tad Houston

• Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
Walker
« on: May 30, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »
Hi guys, got my new walker from Cabelas, and yes it is a Uberti. What a cool gun! Fired it yesterday and it is definetly a BLAST! One thing i noticed on this gun though is if i tap the wedge pin all the way in till its tight, the cylinder locks up. Seems it is pinched between the barrel and frame. I dont recall my other guns doing this, seems i tap the wedge all the way till its good and tight. One the Walker , the little spring keeper is all that is holding the wedge in, other than that it is loose in there. I really appriciate all the info i have gotten off this site- Thanks guys, Tad :D

Offline filmokentucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 09:31:39 AM »
I'm very pleased with my Uberti. It's well made and accurate. And, like most black powder firearms, the more use it gets the better it looks.
  I know people who set their cylinder gap using a feeler gauge. I just eye
ball it myself. If I could only keep one revolver, it would definitely be one of my Walkers. There's just nothing like 'em.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline simonkenton

• A Real Regular
Walker
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 11:01:01 AM »
Don't tap the wedge in so far that it locks up the cylinder.
After you have fired it for  a while, it will break in, so that you can tap it in more, and not lock up the cylinder.
Aim small don't miss.

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 02:10:55 AM »
Here's an original  E company #39.  The owner won't let us shoot it- sometin about his kids college education but the Uberti is a pretty good substitute

This was at 60 feet with the point of aim toward the bottom of the lower target.
Guns are like the vote. They work best when everybody has one
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
Walker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 06:59:58 AM »
Hey, Mec! Nice Walker! Is that a new version from Uberti or did you build it from a kit? Either way, it is a handsome piece.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Walker
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 07:54:57 AM »
Friend of my ordered it in kit form from Dixie Gw about two months ago.  At this point, he had done a bit of external fitting but the action was complete and very smooth.  

Big old thing handles caps very well and is accurate.  Of course, the Loading Lever likes to flop down but it becomes second nature to just reach up and snap it back in.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
Walker
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 01:34:17 PM »
Do you know if he got the Dixie kit or the Uberti kit? I'm thinking about ordering one myself and am leaning toward the Uberti. These revolver kits are a lot of fun to build and give you a chance to build a mint original or one that appears to have seen a lot of service.
  None of my Walkers has the falling lever problem, but I have heard that bending the retaining spring VERY carefully just a tad can stop it. I shoot full loads in both of my Colts and my Uberti and the lever stays put but if they ever start dropping this is  what I would try.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Walker
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 01:46:53 PM »
Its definately a Uberti kit but he ordered it from Dixie. This works out well as without specifyiing next day air, the thing made it from Dixie to Waco, Texas in one day.

Same thing happened with the Lemat I ordered. ordered it on a thursday and it came friday afternoon.  They are quick with the orders although many of the advertised spare parts are not really in stock and get zeroed out.
Oliver Wendell Holmes