Author Topic: Redfield Hunter  (Read 831 times)

Offline Savorino

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Redfield Hunter
« on: June 09, 2004, 07:27:14 PM »
Does anyone know about the lens quality of a Redfield Hunter? I have a 3x9 on my muzzle-loader which is probably to big for it and am trying to decide if its good enough to go on my soon to be BLR.  It seams to be a good scope but a 1.5x6 or 2x7 Leupold or 3200 might be a better match for the BLR. (Eastern deer hunting). Asking for opinions pro or con to having a 3x9 Rdfld. Hunter on a BLR.
"and remember, always keep your stick on the ice".

Offline Savorino

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
RE: Redfield
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 08:00:12 PM »
Luckily I was able to get a Leupold scope worked into my BLR deal.
I still wonder about using this scope on another firearm. I don't know what took me so long to realize the value of quality optics, maybe if the Sportview I bought in '84 hadn't been so good. This Redfield was an attempt to raise my bar.
Thanks to the Optic Zone,SWFA and others for the site sponsorship. Any future scopes, etc will be through them.
Sav
"and remember, always keep your stick on the ice".

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Redfield Hunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »
I wouldn't feel too comfortable putting that scope on a real hunting rifle.  Redfield used to be very popular about 15 or 20 years and they seemed to hold up pretty well for quite a while, but it seems that all of my uncles that had them now don't use them because now even the cheaper model scopes are brighter and clearer than the old Redfields.  I showed one of my uncles my Nikon Monarch and Elite 4200 - his jaw just dropped.  He said after looking at my scopes, that looking through his Redfield was like looking through old prescription glasses - dull, fuzzy, etc.

Zachary