Author Topic: Look at This  (Read 964 times)

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Look at This
« on: June 21, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »
Not meaning to discuss Mossbergs here, but since you guys are my H&R family. Do you notice any thing strange about the gun my son is holding??

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Look at This
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:16:14 PM »
Yep, it looks like you threaded a piece of another barrel and screwed it into the choke threads. That is what it looks like to me. Am I right?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Look at This
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 01:26:30 AM »
Can't tell much about the threading part from the pic, but I do notice that the last foot or so of the barrel is a larger diameter than the rest of it. How'd ya do that? Talk about an AT&T Gun......."Reach out and touch someone".....or something in this case.  :)
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Look at This
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 01:52:33 AM »
Now that is a long barrel (extension?). have you guys seen the Hastings "Metro" barrel extension sold by Cabela's? It adds 32" to your barrel and screws into the choke threads!! That makes a regular 28" barrel 5 feet long! It is reported to reduce the noise of your shotgun by up to 50%  and by more when you use special subsonic rounds they sell and gives 85% patterns at 40 yards (and that is the open barrel, without any choke tube attached!!!) It might be a bit long for turkey hunting but would be great for using a shotgun in urban areas....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
Look at This
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 02:24:40 AM »
I saw this huge barrell at a gun shop last month. stopped by yesterday and it was still there. I noticed it was for a Mossberg 500 12 Ga. 3" chamber full choke 38" . I have seen many mossy 500s. I know some of the old Mossberg's and revelations came with 30" barrels. I have one. But I have never seen a 38" barrel for a Mossberg pump. My son put it on his Maverick 88 to shoot the photo. If I don't put it on my Revelation, I might get some camo stocks and build a new one .
Shop wanted 60.00 for it. I bought it for 40.00. Blueing was bad, so I worked it over with O steel wool then OOOO steel wool. Blued it about 10 times and now it looks perfect. I did not need it but it is very rare if not one of a kind.  It is a solid one piece barrell (not an extension) with factory engravings from Mossberg. I had to clean it from both ends since I don't have rods that long yet. It is squeaky clean & shiny now. Illusion in photo makes it look like it gets bigger towards the end, not so. The barrell is correctly manufactured. I am still amazed at it.

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Look at This
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 02:04:02 PM »
38" WOW! That thing would make a heck of a turkey gun if ya had a spot set up and just used only that spot. I wouldn't want to carry that thing around in the woods at all. It would make a fine waterfowl barrel, namely goose. What do you plan on using it for Rogmatt?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
Look at This
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 03:06:06 PM »
Not sure what I will do with it. But because it is so rare, I got it.

Offline fuzzy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Look at This
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 03:12:58 AM »
:D Your boy will need a gun that big wearing a OHIO STATE shirt down there GO BUCKS Rich  :-D
I rather be over the hill than in it

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
Look at This
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 03:33:20 AM »
yeah what fuzzy said . go bucks!!!!
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while