Author Topic: CCW gear, what do you use?  (Read 957 times)

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
CCW gear, what do you use?
« on: June 27, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »
What type of gear do you all pack around when you carry? Flash light, what kind? Spare clips, speed loaders or moon clips, how many? A back up weapon, knife another pistol, what kind? Mace?

I’d just like to know what other people use and maybe their reasons behind what they choose?

Be Safe,
Scott

Offline volshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 01:53:50 PM »
For everyday carry I only tote a Case pocket knife and a small boot knife for back up. I do keep an extra pistol in my truck though. My Para 12/45 holds 13 rounds of .45. That is plenty for me. I know some folks carry back up pistols, extra clips, knives in every orifice and pepper spray. The best weapon I carry is my mind. Look ahead for trouble, eyeball that parking lot, look close at them cats sulking around and avoid putting me in bad places.
Rick

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 02:17:22 PM »
Kel-tec P32 in Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster in Back Right Pocket, Kershaw Vapor and Swiss Army Knife "Tinker" with Streamlight Keymate LED attached in front right pocket, and extra P32 mag in KDHolsters IWB mag case in left rear of pants. When I carry, my G19 is in a Glock Sport/Combat Beltslide or Wellsmade Kydex IWB on my right side. If not it is always in the Cherokee or close by at home. Also, I have found that Wrangler jeans have deeper back pockets than others for carrying a pocket gun.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 05:54:32 PM »
surefire flashlight is the best you can carry. oc is always a good choice to have on hand in the car or on person. cell phone, good folding knife or multi tool.

UNLESS  YOUR CARRYING A M1 GARAND  THERE ARE MAGAZINES NOT CLIPS!

Offline Peddler Parsons

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 03:28:08 AM »
main carry is a Springfield XD40  with Fail Safe hollow points or a derringer with a 410 buck shoot an 45 hollow point shells
Peddler Parsons
SASS # 31281  R.O. II
SBSS # 259
Shooter of the Holy Black

Offline AZ223

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 06:29:50 AM »
I carry a P12-45 in an IWB Uncle Mike's holster, and sometimes a small can of pepper spray (actually it's a fogger, not a spray) in my pocket. I don't carry any extra mags, but I may add a small flashlight in the near future.
Life was so much simpler when I thought I knew everything...

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 06:48:47 AM »
A P-3AT IWB with a pocket clip in the 11:00 position (24/7) A folding knife clipped in the right front pocket. That's pretty much it. If I'm going somewhere that I might need more I carry a Kimber or a Glock 36, behind the hip, strong side. That's about all my mode of dress will allow. No fanny packs or vests for me thanks!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline TScottO

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 03:34:50 PM »
I’ve been carrying for about 7 years and have always only carried one gun and no extra CLIPS…. Oooops…. I mean magazines!  :wink: Here lately I’ve been giving consideration to a small flash light, seems like it would be a good thing to have around.

Be Safe,
Scott

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 03:57:24 PM »
:D I know there are some bad places and some bad folks in the good old USA, but I've been around the world several times and have been in some really bad places.  I have never carried more than one sidearm, and on occasion a knife.  I have a CCW, am in the jewelry business, and do quite a bit of traveling.  My position, carry what you feel safe with.  Mine is normally a Sig .40, AMT Backup .40, Para LDA .45 or a little Smith .357 wheel gun. I usually carry a 12 gauge in the truck.  One thing I try to do is avoid those places where you may have to shoot your self out.  Your mind is the best weapon you have, don't allow yourself to get into a position where you need "several" guns and knifes to get oput safely..................if you find your self there by accident, then taake out as many as you can.  After the first one goes down the rest will normally run.

Offline Bikenut

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 12:08:36 PM »
Hey! I got "clipped" by a "magazine" once......................

:grin:  :-D  :)  :D
The longer I live, the older I get.
Neither has anything to do with wisdom.

Offline volshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 04:16:05 PM »
Didn't know there was going be a test. Seems like there is always someone in each room that reminds us that they are really magazines and not clips, however, 99.9% of the common folks understand that clip is used to describe mags. Sorry guys, I've never been one who was big on exact wording, being from the south bubbonics are the norm. I shall refrain from calling revolvers irons, shootin irons, guns, generic pistol and so forth. I guess I'll have to get out my copy of Webester's to keep from misusing the English language. Yall did get the meaning of the post and that was the point...dadgum hall monitors.
Rick   :)

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 12:30:38 AM »
Hey Volshooter
 Everybody knew what you were talking about, including Deputy. It just seems that some people have a deep burning need to correct others. I guess it keeps the attention off themselves, or mabe they are just perfect and never say or do anything incorrectly. Dont sweat it--just keep on keeping on. :D
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »
Not defending Deputy, but personal experience:  I did WAY too many push-ups, 50 at a time, for vocalizing the misnomer.  To the point of cringing even when I heard someone else use it.  Old habits die hard.  :)
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 05:11:08 AM »
2dollarpistol, nope not perfect by a long shot correct is correct and after teaching and duing a enough pushups to kill a horse i choose the wording as it is to be clips are not magazines as pistols are not revolvers! yes i knew what was being said.  i was almost thinking you were making a personal attack against me. so i would watch how you word things i have no need to draw attn away from me  and i am far from being perfect if you have an issue with what isay email me or pm me and take it up there. but instead if you would like to attack me please feel free to get your self banned

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 06:31:51 AM »
Quote from: DEPUTY
2dollarpistol, nope not perfect by a long shot correct is correct and after teaching and duing a enough pushups to kill a horse i choose the wording as it is to be clips are not magazines as pistols are not revolvers! yes i knew what was being said.  i was almost thinking you were making a personal attack against me. so i would watch how you word things i have no need to draw attn away from me  and i am far from being perfect if you have an issue with what isay email me or pm me and take it up there. but instead if you would like to attack me please feel free to get your self banned

No Sir
 It was never my intention to make a personal attack on you or anyone else. I was only making an observation, and voicing my opinion. I thought I had that right. I also thought that was why we had this forum. I guess only moderators can do that. But let me assure you that I am ALWAYS careful about what I say, and I say what I mean. I will stand for that right and I also assure you I wont be personally threatened about it. If your heart and God tell you to ban me and it makes you feel good about yourself then do what you think is the mature and correct thing. You do have that authority I suppose.
 I think it is a good thing to be as correct, or incorrect, as you want to be. But no one has the right to start correcting others who have not solicited such instruction. If we want to call a horse a dog, who are you to tell us we cant? Some of us are perfectly happy in our ignorant bliss and dont want to be fixed. If we offend, so be it. Thats just how we are.
 Having said all of this and completely venting let me just say. This all started on a public forum and should end on a public forum. What started out as a little light hearted rib on my part has gotten blown completely out of hand. If I have insulted you or if you feel personally attacked, I offer my most humble and sincere public apology, to you or any one who has been offended by anything I have said, I am truly sorry. I know I am opinionated and can be quite confrontational at times, but for me, at least, it has never been personal.
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 09:41:06 AM »
I do not ban anyone, i may have mistaken your ribbing my deepest sorry,
carry on!

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 01:27:20 PM »
Focus, people, focus.

Offline TScottO

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 03:33:28 PM »
Well… My biggest problem is that I failed to find an IWB holster for the M1 Grand. No problems here with corrections. Point out all you see. Just don’t call my tomato a tamato!  

All jokes aside…Thanks for the input thus far and keep the comments coming.

Be Safe,
Scott