Author Topic: What gives???  (Read 609 times)

Offline JPH45

• Trade Count: (0)
What gives???
« on: July 11, 2004, 03:02:55 PM »
Evertime someone posts a picture on a thread, the "margin" of the page gets wider and I have to keep using the slider at the bottom of the page to read the threads. Is the something I can do to stop this? It is annoying as all get out. Any help?
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Paul5388

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
What gives???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 03:28:51 PM »
JPH,

It may be the resolution you have your computer set at.  I'm using 32 bit color and 1024 X768 and have very few oversized problems.  On Windows XP you can right click on the desk top and go to "properties" and then to "settings" to see what it is set at.

Offline marv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
What Gives?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 03:47:06 PM »
I am having same promlem JPH 45 :eek:
Thanks Paul explanation maybe I can fix the D--- thing.
I am not the smartest kid on the block :-)  with the computer. :wink:
Marv.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
What gives???
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 03:57:35 PM »
I don't think it is how thr receiving computer is set but rather how the computer that sends the picture is set. Somewhere on this site Mr. GB himself has asked that pictures sent in should be of a certain maximum size (xxx times xxx?) or just the problem you describe will occur. He states it has to do with the setup of this site also. If I do locate that reference I will advise....<><.... :grin:

OK, here is what I have found...Scroll down to the "Help and Announcements" section, then click on the first subsection, "Questions about Forums" . About the 13th entry down, dated 4/23/04 and entitled, "Hey Matt, Some of the Forums come out to wide"...Read this and perhaps the problem will be solved. I am not what would be considered "computer literate" but it seems it is either a a picture being sent to large or your own computer being set to to small a size. My computer is set according to what Mr. GB and Matt think is sufficient and correct but some pictures are still to wide and cause the problems mentioned, therefore those problems are caused by the senders comouter being set larger than MR. GB and Matt request for this forum...read it and decide for yourself where your particular problem lies.
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Paul5388

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
What gives???
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 05:56:05 PM »
Hmm, I didn't know about the pixel size restriction.  I have been mainly concerned with keeping the file size around 20K or less and haven't really paid any attention to the pixel size.  I'll keep that in mind for later reference.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
What gives???
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
I agree with MSP, it's not the display, but rather the filesize uploaded.  Our monitors display VEY low resolution as compared to a print.  If we keep them small they display just as well.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!