Author Topic: Mueller scopes and .300WM???  (Read 477 times)

Offline RamJohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Mueller scopes and .300WM???
« on: July 08, 2004, 08:17:58 PM »
Hi all, new guy here...kudos for a great site by the way!

I was wondering....these Mueller scopes have kinda caught my eye, and I have been researching them heavily (alot of info came from this site...thanks), but does anyone know how they will hold up to Magnum calibers, specifically .300WM?
As an afterthought, how would a Simmons Aetec hold up...same caliber?

thanks in advance..
John
I do what I do...so you may have the Freedom to do what you do....

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 06:57:12 AM »
Hi Jon,
Thanks for your interest!
Mueller is recieving very high reviews for our quality/price and being rated as the best valued scope on the market for the price offered. Our scope line offers very high calrity, brightness and many features that "cant" be found in another scope in our price range.

All of our scopes have been tested on high power rifle including the new Browning A-Bolt Maddalion 300 wssn and have yet to fail. There are many reviews on our website http://www.muelleroptics.com/reviews1.htm , one of which was posted by Shane from Smoking Gun Shooting Team where-as he mounted and tested our scope on a 50mm BMG and I think you would find the results very impressive.

Our 3-10x44 Sport Dot is of one-piece tube construction also.

Mueller Optics

Offline RamJohn

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 10:11:13 AM »
Well, I guess that answers my question! 100 rounds from .375 and another 20 from a .50 BMG....it should hold up to a wimpy .300WM....LOL.

Thanks for the insite.

John.
I do what I do...so you may have the Freedom to do what you do....

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 08:52:36 AM »
You also asked about a Simmons........Personally, I wouldn't mount one on any of my rifles.

As for MO, I haven't used on yet, but am interested.  Perhaps if the right opportunity comes along, then, as a moderator, I can give you my first hand impressions.

Zachary