Author Topic: my youth pardner  (Read 582 times)

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
my youth pardner
« on: July 20, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »
i bought a youth model pardner 20 gauge a few years ago. i love it! i can shoot it much better than my 870 and i prefer the NEF to the 870 on hunts as well. I never thought i would say that, lol.
I am a big guy (6 foot, 240 pounds) but the youth model fit so well and shoots right where i look. i didnt know it was a youth model until i got it out of the store...it just seemed like a shorter length of pull than i was used to.  :)

imagine how happy i was to hear that i could get more barrels for it! but now i am a little confused. can i have them fit a slug barrel to a youth model gun? on the website it didnt mention this possibility.

i am looking for a Handi Rifle to add to my collection, a 30/30 and a .243. That way I can build my arsenal around that rifle, the 20 gauge, and the slug barrel. All my hunting needs for less than $600. amazing.
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
my youth pardner
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 02:19:51 AM »
mjbgalt, yes the slug barrel and other shotgun barrels (with the exception of the 12 gauge Ultra and the 10 gauge barrels) will fit your receiver. The only difference is the length of the stock and you probably have a shorter barrel on the youth model....<><>... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
my youth pardner
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 01:43:22 AM »
Hey MSP,  I bought a youth model 20 for my wife a couple of years ago. I agree they are excellent little guns.  I have used it a couple of times and they carry, handle and point very well.  I noticed Wal-Mart has one in their showcase with some nice looking darker wood for $89. I have been really tempted to buy it for myself. :grin:
Tony212