Author Topic: Colt's Production?  (Read 461 times)

Offline 357mag

• Trade Count: (0)
Colt's Production?
« on: July 05, 2004, 05:47:12 PM »
I was just looking through Colt's website and was wondering if they are producing guns for the public again. I know that several years ago Colt stopped consumer production and the only way you could get a gun through them was the custom shop. Now it looks like they are producing a limited selection. Is this the case or are they producing by order only at this point?
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your ancestors, but loaned to you by your children.

Offline RemingtonDave

Colt's Production?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:31:13 PM »
I don't believe Colt ever stopped regular production completely.
They had problems with strikes and such, but kept running, although with a much pared down selection.
They've picked up speed again and offer a fine selection of semi autos.
I think the SAA and the Python are "custom shop only" items, that may be why some folks think regular production stopped.

RDave
Proud NRA Life Member

Offline BC

Colt's Production?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 03:47:53 AM »
Colt never did stop making guns for the public, they did qyit making some models for a time. Since Colt "Quit making guns" as the media told us a couple of years ago, I have bought a new production Python, Anaconda, and a 1911 XSE. All of them were bought over the counter, no special ordering. Colt is still suffering from some QC issues so have a good look before putting your money down as I have seen some bad examples get out the door. I wish I could afford more Colts but theyre just too dang expensive, although imo worth it if thats what youre into.