Author Topic: another question on comparison (zeiss, leupold)  (Read 335 times)

Offline thelaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
another question on comparison (zeiss, leupold)
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:23:15 PM »
i really like the looks and price of the zeiss conquest series, but i've always known of so many people using leupolds. i understand the new vxIII's are more advanced. does this make the vxII's as good as the old vxIII's? my second question is, is there much difference in brightness and quality between the zeiss conquest 3-9x40 and 3.5-10x44 and 3-9x50 because there is a quite a bit of price difference? And finally, which one would you get? i've got 2 old redfields, which have always performed flaulessly for me, but i'm am just looking to replace them with some "new technology".

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
another question on comparison (zeiss, leup
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 04:51:03 PM »
Both the Zeiss conquest and the new VXIIIs are excellent scopes.  I think that the new VXIIIs may have a bit better light transmission, but you probably won't be able to tell.  The conquests are relatively new, but have received positive praise thus far.  The Leupolds, of course, have been around for years.

The new VXII is essentially the older Vari-X III.

As far as objectives go, I generally like bigger objectives, like 50mm.  But that's just me.  I don't like them on rimfires, but I do like them on centerfires.

You can't go wrong with either the Zeiss conquests or the new VXIII.

Zachary