Author Topic: Thanks for Wal-Mart advice  (Read 790 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Thanks for Wal-Mart advice
« on: July 09, 2004, 03:56:55 PM »
Just bought a versa-pac combo(22 and .410) for my dad for his 68th birthday.Only paid $134.00 for it! both of the local shops I checked were close to $200.00. I always try to patronize the little guys but I can't afford pass up a savings that big. I would have never been able to get the thing from walmart though if it were not for the education I've gotten from the online H&R/NEF family.

I looked at thier specail order catalog and the thing wasn't in there. The teen aged goofball behind the counter was clueless and said they couldn't get it. Were it not for the advice I've gleaned over the years that would have been the end of it.

I then went home and got on sports south's website and printed out the page for it and checked on availability.Then I took that to walmart and had them call sports south and get a upc for the gun since it's not in their catalog, gave the lady in layaway the $ and it was done. I had to talk the sporting goods expert through every step of it but for a 35% saving I'll spend a few extra minutes and I could tell the kid felt some sense of accomplishment for being able to complete the deal. Aparentley no one else has ever done this before there. Thanks again. My day will probably never do much shooting or hunting with this little combo but I know he'll enjoy showing it off to his red neck buddies.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »
Sam would be proud of ya. :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 04:34:28 PM »
Markus, I am sure your Dad is proud of you and of the fine present you got him. I can hear him now as he shows it to his buddies "look what my SON bought for me". I can see him now smiling through the tears welling up in his eyes as he beams with pride over the present and his fine son!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 04:37:35 PM »
That is a fun little gun. I bought one several years ago for my wife, and I end up shooting it with the 410 barrel all the time (and I'm 6'4") :grin:

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 03:42:13 AM »
Good job. At my Walmart, the guy who I deal with used to work at the main office in Arkansas. His brother-law is the firearms purchaser for Walmart corp. I get great service.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 07:57:26 AM »
Hey Rogmatt, thats great!!! Perhaps you could tell him about all the problems the rest of us have???....<><.... :cry:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley