Author Topic: Battered woman cancels felon's ticket!!  (Read 518 times)

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Battered woman cancels felon's ticket!!
« on: August 07, 2004, 10:16:31 AM »
There's a front page story in the Modesto Bee (Modesto, PRC) about a woman whose abusive boyfriend was sentenced to six months in jail for beating her up on three occasions.  He was released after TWO months and decided to make a return visit.  During his incarceration the girlfriend obtained a handgun and apparently learned to use it.  After he broke into the house she shot him once in the chest and once in the neck.  My wife was working at the ER at Memorial Hospital when he arrived and she noticed right away that his feet were white, she knew he was dead.  Score yet another one for the good guys!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 02:20:57 AM »
Dusty - it seems as though some idiots never learn, and I'm not just talking about the (former, late, ex) abusive boyfriend.  The judge who sentenced him so lightly and the liberals who think abuse doesn't affect them get included in that notion as well.  Just my 2 cents worth here.  Mikey.

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 08:42:42 AM »
Right you are, and that's why we need to be able to defend ourselves.  For sure "the system" is not doing anything but finding more ways to justify its own existence!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!