Author Topic: Getting started on posting pictures.  (Read 721 times)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Getting started on posting pictures.
« on: July 10, 2004, 11:28:49 AM »
Hey Double D.  Well I finally am getting much closer to posting some pictures.  I signed up with Photobucket and got registered and activated my account OK.  However, in an attempt to make a donation, to help keep that site going, I went to their "contact us" segment and wrote a short e-mail advising that I do not use PAYPAl nor do I have any interest in it but would make a donation if they tell me where to send a personal check.  Well, wouldn't you know it, the e-mail (using their Contact Us) came back undeliverable.  Don't know what's going on.  Just wondering if anyone else had trouble in contacting them??  I'd sure like to get to using their system but want to pay for my share first.
Thanks, Blaster (Bob in CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »
Well, DD, here is my first try at posting a picture.  I hope I don't screw it up too badly.

I'll give a description and more pictures as soon as I can figure out how in the devil I managed to get this to work.  I'll have to try to remember just how I did it as I had tried to get it to work so MANY different ways.. Because of your good instructions (DD) I was able to get this picture posted....... Thanks, Blaster (Bob in CO)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 12:07:11 PM »
Hooraay!!!!!

Now to get some idea what you did go back to your post and click the edit  that will open the wind and show you what you did.

I have been waiting for you to post that picture for some time,  That's one of the neater cannon set ups....

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 02:23:58 PM »
And one more picture.. Since this picture was taken, I've added brand new wheels and shield.  Will take another picture in the next couple days to show the current condition and add the vital statistics.  Blaster.

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 02:31:41 PM »
D.D.  Since my first posting of the picture with the ATV and cannon, I note that it now shows merely a RED X instead of the picture.  I didn't do anything to that picture.  Any idea as to what may have happened??  Also, I note that the pictures are a little large so that one must scroll to see the balance of the right margin.  I have no idea as to how to reduce the size by myself.  I'm sure open to ideas.  Thanks again and again.  Blaster.

Offline Double D

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 03:03:39 PM »
You have a broken link.  

Did you rearrange your pictures in Photobucket or move them one from album to a another?

Offline Double D

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 03:05:56 PM »
You have a broken link.  

Did you rearrange your pictures in Photobucket or move them one from album to a another?

All you have to do is go back in to photobucket and copy the new link  and edit your original post by deleteing the old link and  posting the new.

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 03:40:50 AM »
Since I had to be in the South Bend, Ind. area recently, I thought I'd take the tube off my cannon (the one in the picture) and hopefully get it over to South Bend Replicas (formerly known as Barneys Cannons - years ago) and see if they could give their opinion as to the safety of this tube.  I had called them ahead of time to make sure they'd be able to take a peek at it.  Well, I arrived before they even opened shop and they were extremely accomodating - immediately.  We got the barrel into the shop and they took over an hour to check it out and give it the once over.  Turns out, that in their opinion, it'd be safe to shoot with no problems just a little concened with the chance of lingering sparks/embers that could remain on the fairly sharp rear corner of the chamber.  I'll just flood it after each shot and naturally wait the required time plus a few minutes before charging for the next shot.  The President of the company, J.Paul Barnett, personally did the inspecting and I'll have to say that he is a really nice chap and went way out of his way to help me.  It was a real treat to look around his shop and see many many cannon tubes in various stages of completion.  I had already purchased two Dahlgrens from him in the past and have been totally satisfied with both of them.  I'll certainly have to give a strong thumbs up on his service, products and diplomacy.  Sorry to make this so lengthy but wanted to tell others of my very pleasant experience with the firm, South Bend Replicas, Inc.  Thanks. Blaster (Bob in CO)