Author Topic: Vertical Stringing?  (Read 360 times)

Offline erickrschaefer

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
Vertical Stringing?
« on: July 24, 2004, 11:27:55 AM »
I loaded up to batches of identical ammo, treating all cases the same way and hand weighing each powder charge, with the only difference being the primer used. The load was for my 44mag using 21.2 gr H110 and a 325 gr WLNGC Bear Tooth bullet. The two primers used were the Winchester Large pistol and the CCI 350. The CCI 350 shot a cylinder into just under 2" at around 50yds in a typical clover leaf like pattern. The WLP shot its cylinder into about 3"but the bullets hit in a perfect vertical string. There was no deviation left or right just a perfect vertical string. Until I get some more components to try again doeas anyone have any idea what would cause the vertical stringing? I am begining to think it was just me.

Offline Prof. Fuller Bullspit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Vertical Stringing?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 03:15:34 PM »
Conventional wisdom has it that Winchester primers are not as hot as Federals. H110 might be a bit hard to ignite therefore you may have had less consistent results with the Winchester primers leading to vertical stringing.

Or it could have been a fluke!

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
Vertical Stringing?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 11:56:07 AM »
I use Winchester LPP in my 44 loads and have never had a problem like that. I also use H-110, but I'm loading jacketed bullets.  KN