Author Topic: my new 12g tracker II???  (Read 491 times)

Offline beefa

• Trade Count: (0)
my new 12g tracker II???
« on: August 05, 2004, 09:44:45 AM »
just got my tracker, need a little help from tracker II owners. i want to hear from you guys on board on what type of 1oz slugs to put through this gun. i live in mass and plan on using this tracker for deer hunting this fall. lets hear it men need your help. thanks, bill 8)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
my new 12g tracker II???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 12:43:19 PM »
feberal premiums w/ the barnes expander. I'd use the 3/4 oz, 2 3/4 " flat trajectory and reasonable recoil, especialy in a light gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
my new 12g tracker II???
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 01:08:26 PM »
:D Beefa,  Do a search for BRI in this forum. Look at my post, "TRACKER II SLUG RANGE UPDATE......"

This is for the Winchester 3" BRI 1oz. slugs. I later found the same slug in a 2 3/4" shell from Federal, cat # F127SS, that actually shot better in my Tracker II!  This shell gave me 3 holes touching at 50 yds, and a 2" group at 100yds, with 2 of 4 holes touching.

The price of these may be a little less that other sabot loads, if that matters.  You may be able to get a good price on the Winchester BRI  slugs (XRS123) or the Federal load (F127SS) at cheaperthandirt.com

This is a 1oz sabot slug, and I found it VERY manageable compared to the 1 3/8oz Brenneke loads or Lyman cast slugs, even with a mercury recoil reducder and Magna-Ported barrel.

Have fun!
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!