Author Topic: Saeco Bullet Lube  (Read 493 times)

Offline AlteJaeger

• Trade Count: (0)
Saeco Bullet Lube
« on: August 07, 2004, 05:23:53 PM »
:D  Has anyone had any experience with the now & probably long discon-
tinued Saeco Bullet Lube. If so, how good or effective was it? Many thanks & have a great week ahead!

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Saeco Bullet Lube
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 06:01:32 PM »
You mean the green pistol stuff? I used to use it, works OK. I think it's about the same as lithi-bee with some parrafin added and a green crayon for color. At least that mix works and smells about the same.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline haroldclark

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Saeco Lube
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 11:21:36 AM »
Years ago, Saeco made or sold bullet lube in their name and if what you have is the color of bees wax or darker, it is most likely a 50/50 mix of beeswax and alox.  I had a number of sticks of that lube and it works just like todays Javelina 50/50 or any other 50/50 lube.  I shoot bullets up to 2200 fps with the 50/50 lube and no leading.

I don't remember seeing any Green Saeco Lube, but that would have been their preferred color.

Harold Clark

Offline JBMauser

• Contributor
Saeco Bullet Lube
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 03:53:51 PM »
I was given the formula buy a guy who was a distributor for them.  all in 1/3 by volume.  bees wax, parrifin wax and STP.  The green crayon was correct.  JB

Offline Bad Flynch

Saeco Bullet Lube
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:39:30 PM »
Since Redding now owns the former SAECO line, did you try Redding's website? It may still be there.  www.redding-reloading.com