Author Topic: What did every one die here?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
What did every one die here?
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:14:03 PM »
Title says it all!
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline magooch

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 03:15:53 AM »
I still check in here, just about every day, but as you know, most of the guys are spending their time at Marlin Owners.  I sure wish they would speed up their server.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 04:10:44 AM »
Quote from: magooch
most of the guys are spending their time at Marlin Owners.  I sure wish they would speed up their server.
Dali Llama say he concur. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline crow_waxer

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 09:57:34 AM »
i still hang aroud here too.  i just don't get a chance to get on as much as ya'all.  :wink:

it has been a while since i been on here.  lets see if i can remember what happened since i was last on here.  (since i am getting old and all  :P )
well, this week, we went on a 20k hike.  that sucked, the whole thing was on black top road, and that stuff is horrible to hump on, it will KILL your feet.  they hurt like hell when we was done.  then for the rest of the week, we did MOUT.  that is the urban terrain stuff, where we go in and clear out rooms, and whole buildings and stuff.  kinda like the SWAT teams do. it was a blast, and TOTALLY different than i tought it would be.  when u are actually doing it, it is nothing like in the movies.  and i quickly learned that the movies are way off on how to clear rooms too. lol
i also found out what unit i am going to be assigned to.  i will be with 1/5 Victor, or first batallion, fifth regiment (i don't know how to spell that), and i ain't to sure what the victor stands for, something with being in the infantry, that is all i know, coz i don't think it is the company, but i could be wrong.  and i won't be heading to Iraq for a while, coz they just came back about a week ago, so i will have 6-8 months till i head over there.
  well, i don't wanna make this to long, so i will end it.  i will try to post more often.  if ya all have any questions, ask away.   :grin:
"Keep your stick on the ice"

Offline Shorty

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 12:15:40 PM »
:D
Prez Dubya's tax cut gave me money to paint my house this year.  Long past due.  BUT, it's been raining every day/ evening since May!  After I get home from work, I do what I can, eat supper, and go to bed by 9:30.  'Doesn't leave much time for our chatting.   :cry:

Offline NYH1

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 02:41:42 PM »
Quote from: crow_waxer

i also found out what unit i am going to be assigned to.  i will be with 1/5 Victor, or first batallion, fifth regiment (i don't know how to spell that),

crow_waxer, the 5th Marines is one of the, if not the most decorated regiments in the Marine Corps! Look up some of the history of the 5th Marines and you see what I mean!!!

Good luck and keep in touch!!! :D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline NYH1

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 03:11:16 PM »
I come here every day. I also go to Marlin Owners too. Both great sights!!! :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 03:28:50 PM »
I come here every day to read Dali's posts and bask in his wisdom.  Also to watch you feed him.

Marlin Owners is starting to seem like the old Marlin Talk.  You have 3 post in three days on lever action marlins - oh boy.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 04:43:38 PM »
Quote from: Nanook 450
I come here every day to read Dali's posts and bask in his wisdom.  Also to watch you feed him.

Marlin Owners is starting to seem like the old Marlin Talk.  You have 3 post in three days on lever action marlins - oh boy.

What ever floats your boat if that is all that excites you, you have a sad life!
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 02:29:13 AM »
Yea, I was just real serious JH - enjoy "your life" with Dollie.

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 10:22:17 AM »
I have found some areas of these boards overmoderated.
While I check in on a regular basis, most of the action is at MarlinOwners.com now.
You truly can post just about anything without worrying about big brother and all the rules.

Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 10:48:13 AM »
While not "moderated" at Marlin Owners, Larry would put up with the likes of Daoollie for a few days, then wipe him out.

The problem is not moderators, in my mind, the problem is the descretion of the moderators lends to their personal prefernces and likes or dislikes - there is little or any objectivity.

Greybeard is "everything to everybody" - Marlin Owners, like the former Marlin Talk, is Marlin specific - with out moderators.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 11:09:51 PM »
As my home server is dial-up, I usually only check in here when I'm at work, and sometimes my duties interfere.  (I hate when that happens.)  So sometimes I'm only in twice a week, or even less.  I know you all wait with bated breath for my carefree, homespun wisdom and humor.  I also know that any minute now, a monkey is gonna jump outta my behind.  

PJ the Slightly Delusional
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 03:40:58 PM »
Hey Nanook, as long as Dollie didn't post under an alias, Larry wouldn't run him off. Heck, he might even get his own forum, like Mortie got, until he made that fatal mistake of using an alias!
 All the forums are slow this time of year. The combination of good weather, and summer vacations make for less posts.
 I check in to read all my regular forums, but don't always post unless I see something to stir up a comment.
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 01:26:52 AM »
Quote from: marlinman93
Hey Nanook, as long as Dollie didn't post under an alias, Larry wouldn't run him off. Heck, he might even get his own forum, like Mortie got, until he made that fatal mistake of using an alias!

Who be this "Mortie," ask Dali Llama??? :?

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 02:55:27 AM »
 All the forums are slow this time of year. The combination of good weather, and summer vacations make for less posts.
 I check in to read all my regular forums, but don't always post unless I see something to stir up a comment.

He would get what mortie got . . . gone for good.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 08:25:30 AM »
Quote from: Nanook 450

He would get what mortie got . . . gone for good.
Who be this "mortie," ask Dali Llama???

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 04:29:45 PM »
Nanook,
 Mortie just surfaced under another alias at Marlinowners. Haven't checked today, to see if Larry ousted him again!
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline Gatofeo

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 01:24:52 PM »
I haven't died.
I just smell that way ...  :)
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline BamBams

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 05:25:32 PM »
I'm not dead either!  I have been spending some xtra time on marlinowners to help give it a kick in proverbial a$$, and the forums here that I either moderate, or co-moderate, have been doing okay and remain free of mischief.  I'd have to say "all is well."  Pretty soon, I'll be putting in more quality time around here.  I'm also eager to see Greybeard's new ezine -- much anticipation! *smiles*
NRA Handgun Instructor