Author Topic: American made scopes  (Read 466 times)

Offline TXSURVEYOR

• Trade Count: (0)
American made scopes
« on: August 11, 2004, 03:00:36 AM »
Besides Leupold and Burris what brands of scopes are made in the USA.
When I say made I mean acually assembled here. Thanks

Offline goose7856

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
American made scopes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 10:38:12 AM »
:D  Even Leupold and Burris are not totally made in the U.S.A.

They are assemblewd here (as you said something similar in your question), but the glass is made over seas (like japan, china or the philipines)

I think ATN scopes are made here but I have heard they are not good AT ALL especially for the expensive price tag........i dont know any other brands made here....

If I may ask.......why does it really matter to people where something is made??  IDK if you are just wondering, but is it so a few more people can have jobs in the U.S.A., or for some other reason??  Because as far as I know, its kinda like comparing cars......fords are not as good as some of the japanese brands, and nothing compares to a mercedes, jaguar, and bentley......so its similar (excluding the leupold) that the over seas brands are better than american made things.  The thing is now a days, that it is not made to last as long.....do u agree........TV's that use to last 20 years now last 7 years, they want to make you buy mire and more often, so things are not produced with as high of quaility.......if you want the quality then u pay the price!! :lol:
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting