Author Topic: Looking for a more free-wheeling political discussion?  (Read 411 times)

Offline Big Hext Finnigan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php
Looking for a more free-wheeling political discussion?
« on: August 11, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »
Howdy all,

I don't post here often.  I stood up for the Marlin folks with Greybeard, so I check in from time to time.. more when there is activity.  I like the guns and I like discussion.

As for the issues, around with moderation and lack of moderation.. All I can suggest is that if each poster takes a moment to moderate his or her posting thoughts, then external moderation is rarely required.  It is the angry or thoughtless post that requires the actions of a moderator.  Given enough time and negative discourse, even the most free-wheeling location can be brought down.

Now.. another board I frequent has a sister site.. http://www.therugged.org/forum/index.php

It is mostly a gun-owners political forum.  It does suffer a bit from "in-breeding" and could do with some new folks.  It is lightly moderated  (mostly due to name-calling).  It might be of interest to those who feel displaced by the closing of the Shooters Lounge.
Just wanted to let y'all know about it.
Adios,
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.  - Edmund Burke

Offline BamBams

Looking for a more free-wheeling political
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 06:33:05 AM »
Wow!  I just checked it out.  It was too....ummmm....strange for me though.  Assigning "rank" to posters, trying to use parli procedure on the Internet, etc.  I don't think I'd fit in there, but thanks for trying to get rid of me!  HAHAHAHA  (just kidding)
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
Looking for a more free-wheeling political
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:43:10 AM »
There is a Political Action and Second Amendment Issues Forum right here at GBO and a Humor and Off Topics Discussion forum also. Most any reasonable discussion topic is OK at one or the other.

Same basic rules apply there as on the rest of the site. Be nice. Argue all you wish. Just do not resort to name calling, personal attacks and vulgar language and you'll be allowed as much latitude as possible. Get ugly and you'll get gone.

People who feel they must be allowed to use gutter language, to make personal attacks and such just aren't the folks we're looking for here at GBO. Pretty much everyone else is welcome and we have a place for about every decent discussion topic you might want.