Author Topic: Pic of Lil' TOM....  (Read 695 times)

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Pic of Lil' TOM....
« on: August 06, 2004, 11:33:51 AM »
Seein' GBO is such a gracious host and allows us to store some Pics thought I'd post a Pic Of Lil' Tom My Turkey thumpin' machine... Actually what brought this about was that I did a search last night lookin' for some info and ran across a thread from long ago where Scruffy couldn't see the Pic...So here it is

Been a few additions since that pic achoke with .565 & .560 constrictions and a brand new IC choke...H*** you say, he can't be usin' an IC Choke for Turkey... Your right!!! But it sure groups Slugs very consistantly at 50 yds... Later, MTNMAN :)
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline BC73

Pic of Lil' TOM....
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 12:00:39 PM »
Nice one MtnMan can't wait to get my H&R!

Offline fuzzy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Pic of Lil' TOM....
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 07:20:08 AM »
:-) Hey MTNMAN How`s that scope held up for u im looking fore one to put on a 12ga i like the bushnells Rich
I rather be over the hill than in it

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Pic of Lil' TOM....
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 07:53:17 AM »
Fine lookin' rig. I wonder how lenghtening the forcing cone and backboring effect slug performance? I know thats not a dedicated lsug gun though. My topper deluxe throws slugs the same through mod and ic chokes. I'm sure the ic is better for veocity and wear and tear on the gun. Not that I shoot that many slugs. I was also curiuos about that scope?Been looking at one for a while.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Pic of Lil' TOM....
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:19:53 AM »
It will put the pure , plain, and simple Ol' Remington Sluggers into a 2" circle at 50 yds...Haven't tried anthing else thru him, had the left over from a smooth bore 1100 Lt20.... the scope was on the same 1100 and then did service on a 1187 12 before the switch to Lil' Tom in the fall of '99 when I first put him together... Both the 1100Lt and 1187 now wear fully rifled barrels...The Lt20 being a hastings cantilever and the 12 a Rem Cantilever.

No he's not my dedicated Slug gun, that's an Ultra 20 that wears an H&R medalion on the stock and NO NEF markings. Bought that when they first were introduced...

The Bushnell has serviced me well over the years... Has never lost Zero and is as bright as the day I bought it... Did send another back to the company when a friend that wears a size 15 boot managed to kick it over at O'dark thirty and shear the windage knob off it.... sent it back and got a New Scope at No Charge...Later, MTNMAN :wink:

Markus Lil' Tom was built purely for Turkey Hunting, maybe he'll  see service as a back up gun for deer hunts
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline JPSaxMan

Pic of Lil' TOM....
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 06:35:55 AM »
Awesome gun job! I own a NEF Pardner in 12. It's ok lookin. But what u did was awesome! Mebe u can do mine like that sometime  :wink:
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding