Author Topic: marlin mr-7b 30-06  (Read 1109 times)

Offline SLAVAGE

• Trade Count: (21)
  • A Real Regular
marlin mr-7b 30-06
« on: May 12, 2004, 08:27:16 PM »
any one seen a conversion kit to make this have a clip or floor plate?
the mr-7 had a clip mr-7a had a floor plate an the mr-7b had a interrenal mag i  don't mind butchering the stock to make it fit i just need to know were to get the parts an what ones i need marlin is basically no help when it comes to these kinds of things
thanks
dave

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 11:57:34 PM »
I wasn't aware that Marlin made any MR-7's with any other loading option than a clip on a hinged plate.

Just what would the advantages be of having to load it from the top?  It would also mean cycling the rounds through the action to unload it, unloading from the bottom is one of the strong points of the system as manufactured.  Unless you mean to have the clip lock into place from the bottom.

Either one sounds too complicated to me.

Marlin won't give any advice which is away from the design.  Liability keeps it that way.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline SLAVAGE

• A Real Regular
marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 01:08:41 AM »
yeah the b model has an internal mag an the instriction guide dosent have the skamatics for both an i haven been able to find a copy of one, if i did i could order the parts neaded an just take a dremal to my stock ther the same ones just mine has the wood still ther

Offline jvs

marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 07:53:02 AM »
You got me.  I never saw a MR-7 with anything other than a hinged floor plate.  To my knowledge they only made 1 type of clip,  one that mounted on the hinged plate.  None of the clips I ever saw had any kind of spring lock to keep it in place.

Offline SLAVAGE

• A Real Regular
marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 08:57:38 AM »
oh no , the one i have dosent have any thing at all its like the remington 700 adl u have to load an unload the gun from the top i was hoping to find some thing that could convert it to eather a clip or floor plate

Offline jvs

marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 12:36:55 PM »
Quote from: SLAVAGE
oh no , the one i have dosent have any thing at all its like the remington 700 adl u have to load an unload the gun from the top i was hoping to find some thing that could convert it to eather a clip or floor plate

Then you dont have a MR-7.  my understanding is that Marlin ran into licensing problems because of the hybrid design, they used one type of receiver, another type of bolt and the magazine was a Browning design.   All of the MR-7's I ever saw had the clip mounted to the hinged floor plate.

Unless they changed later production runs, all of the magazines on a MR-7 have a clip mount on the plate.

Offline SLAVAGE

• A Real Regular
marlin mr-7b 30-06
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
yeah the one i have is a mr-7b last production run before they droped the model, its the same way remmy bolt an ruger/winchester safty just has an internal mag weel like the adl remington has sweat gun wish i could get 4 more lol but ive been looking for the parts for it to make it beable to have the floor plate an clip just none in stock  at every place i try so it might have to stay this way for a while longer
dave