Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 537 times)

Offline str8shooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally!
« on: August 12, 2004, 05:34:34 PM »
I'm a new owner of a SS over gray laminate Encore and after several trips to the range this summer, I finally got the thing dialed in to shoot 1" to 1.5" groups consistently at 100yds... whew!  Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know the velocity and ft. lbs of energy for 90 gr. of T-7 ffg loose behind a 250 gr. shockwave.  I would feel better knowing what kind of punch I'm getting and if 200 yds. is feasible w/ this load.  I'd really appreciate any insight on this...

shoot str8------->
"if it's smokin' it's cookin', if it's burnin' it's done..."

Offline Longcruise

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.mikeswillowlake.com
Finally!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:46:25 PM »
Pretty hard to come up with a velocity without actually measuring it.  With a known muzzle velocity and BC it's pretty easy to approximate your 200 yard ballistics.

Also depends on what you plan to shoot with it!

If it's deer you're after it's probably going to do just fine even at 200 as long as you can hit em in the vitals

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Finally!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:50:40 AM »
Longcruise, is 100% correct. If you know anyone with a craniograph I suggest you see if you can use it. As Longcruise has posted, if you can hit the vital zone at that range you should have enough energy to get the job done. I suggest a lot of practice at that range if you plain on shooting at 200 yards.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline str8shooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 05:22:13 PM »
thanks for the input guys... I'll see what I can do to dig up a chrono.  I'm most likely going to have opportunities well within the 100 yd. range, but like to be prepared "just in case"

shoot str8 ----->
"if it's smokin' it's cookin', if it's burnin' it's done..."