Author Topic: Green box Rem.  (Read 676 times)

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Green box Rem.
« on: August 14, 2004, 09:17:30 AM »
Shot a couple of pigs Thurs. night and the 150 gr. corloks did not exit from the 120 pound rascals.I was shooting the 280 barrel and the shots were in the 80 to 90 yd. range.
I've shot larger pigs with the same brand and weight with my 3006 and they did exit without any expanison. They did drop on the spot,which was unusual for these pigs. Also the shot was about 3" behind the shoulder on both.
The one evening that Liktohunt could not go,and they came out exactly where he  was setting the evening before. So his new 25 06 is still bloodless.   Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Green box Rem.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 09:30:50 AM »
Ditchdigger sounds like the bullet performed perfectly as anything out the other side is just wasted energy :grin:

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
Green box Rem.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:54:08 PM »
Yep but I like that wasted energy to blow a 3" hole on exit for a good blood trail.   Digger

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Green box Rem.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
poor old Lik2hunt, missed the day they came out right where he was sitting (been there, done that. no fun)....<><.... :eek:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Green box Rem.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 01:45:28 AM »
My day's coming tho. Them dang hogs can't elude me forever. The 25-06 is going to have it's day, I assure you. I'd like to see if the 117 gr. spitzers will leave a good exit hole myself.
Digger - had a ministry appointment last night (Sat.) and after I get the lawn mowed today  :twisted:  :roll: I'll grab some pears and I'm right back with ya. Call me today (Sun.) before ya go.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Green box Rem.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 04:06:37 AM »
Lik2hunt, how is the reloading going for the 25-06? Are you going to shoot a pig with your own home rolled ammo?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
Green box Rem.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 04:59:23 AM »
Hey the guys that I gave the hogs to said the corelokts did exit .  They just did not expand. We looked the things over with a flashlight that night but they just did not show a exit untill the boys skinned them later on. One word of advice to every one, do not shoot a hog on a dike thats about 200ft.high with tall bemuda grass and after a rain. The durn thing will slide all the way to the bottom,and you'll have to drag them to the top.
The Corp. of Eng. had a lock on the gate and we had to drag them up the dike and about 400yds. to the truck. I think thats why Like2hunt did not go that night. He must be a lot smarter than me.  Digger

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Green box Rem.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 06:01:06 AM »
Are you going to shoot a pig with your own home rolled ammo?....<><....

MSP - Yep sure am. 117 gr. Sierra spitzer over 46.3 gr. IMR4350 & WLR Primers and Win brass. Don't even have any factory stuff on hand for the '06 right now.

Digger - sounds like we ought to take about 2 or 300 yards of good strong rope or cable or someting with us next time we go. Got anything like that around your place? I think I could come up with a couple hundred yards of busted throw straps that have seen their more useful time on my truck. Just gotta put some good square knots in 'em and they oughta work to put through the gate and then tied to one our pickups to drag them porkers to the gate. What do ya think? I'll let you drag 'em up the dike and tie the straps and I'll drive.  :) Sound like a plan?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org