Author Topic: New News  (Read 647 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New News
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:16:18 PM »
:D  Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted everyone to know that I have been reassigned up to Maryland so I can be close to my Mom as she is not doing very well.
I have been stationed to site R (Alternate National Military command Center) in Thurmont, Maryland.

God Bless America
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
New News
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:31:33 PM »
DaveH,  hope your Mom improves and good luck on your new assignment. My prayers for you and yours (your Mom) continue....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
New News
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 05:04:06 PM »
Hope things improve with your Mom. Glad your back in Md though we need to hook up for that sea duck hunt we've talked about. Tilghman is a bit of a hike from Thurmont though. Gotta be some good huntin over that way though. I saw some bear over there back in 1979 or 80. They were raiding the trash cans outside of a little hotel we were staying in on a odd sort of vacation.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
New News
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 05:40:23 PM »
Hi Dave, I hope things improve for your Mom also.  I have a good idea of what your going threw.  My 87 year old Dad who has Asbestosis and a bad heart is not doing very well either.  His doctors have warned us to prepare ourselves for the worst.  I'll pray for you and your family and hope that you would consider doing the same for me and mine.  Thanks - Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
New News
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 05:02:32 AM »
Dave and Brett your parents are in my prayers as are you. God will see you through your ordeals.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
New News
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 08:30:01 AM »
Thanks 'G'. - Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BuzzKill

New News
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »
Dave-

Good luck at the new location.  How did the dove shoot go, (if you were able to get out)?

BuzzKill

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
New News
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 10:33:27 AM »
Dave,
I don't know where in MD. you are, but if you are not too far, try to go hunting at Ft. Meade. They have a great hunting place there. When I was there, there was a guy by the name of Steve Bender that worked at the hunt shack. At that  time the best areas for deer were areas c and d, right behind some firing ranges. Also some fantastic squirrel hunting.
                                                                               tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
New News
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 05:50:37 PM »
Good frog giggin there too. I was stationed there as an MP back in 84-85 and me and a good ole boy from Alabama went a few times. I think we might have been the only folks to ever do it there because the big ole frogs let us get right up on em. The second time we went I shortend my pear to 6'. Good time and some good eatin' too.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun