Author Topic: Rummage sale finds  (Read 548 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Rummage sale finds
« on: August 14, 2004, 07:27:29 PM »
Hit the perverbial jack pot today found a sale that had a bunch of arrows and archery stuff. When I pulled up a guy was loading a HUGE box of arrows into his Caravan I am not kidding you it took up the whole back! I thought shoot lost out on that deal I asked the lady what did they go for? She said more in the garage so I checked it out. I got 16 2117's and 2219's to make bolts out of for my crossbow and 22 cedar arrows for a buddy who shoots a recurve. The arrows were 10 Cents a piece.  :) THen I found a average size tackle box full of vintage and new style broadheads, Target Tips, Judo points, fishing heads,  and odds and ends. I asked the guy got any fletching tools as I do not have one. He found 3. a Esterbrook straight clip, Mono Fletcher with a right offset clip and a Bitzenburger  fletchmaster magnetic base  no clip.   all for the grand total of $12.60 for my stuff and a other $2.20 for the cedar arrows for my buddy. Went to GanderMountain and picked up a straight clip for Ten bucks it is a exact Copy of a Bitzenburger Clip but made out of plastic but it does have a metal plate on the back so it fits on the Bitzenburger Magnets. That box the guy bought before me I bet had 200 arrows in it if not more.  Anyway I am glad of what I found I needed a fletcher now I have 2 straight ones and will give the offset one to a buddy. Gotta love those rummage sales.  :)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline BamBams

Rummage sale finds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:30:39 PM »
Jim, Jim, Jim!  Are you sure ya got a use for all that stuff?  I'll give ya $50.00 cash for all of it -- it's all pretty useless, but I collect odds and ends.  *laughing*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

Rummage sale finds
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 07:48:18 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
Jim, Jim, Jim!  Are you sure ya got a use for all that stuff?  I'll give ya $50.00 cash for all of it -- it's all pretty useless, but I collect odds and ends.  *laughing*

LOL I bet the Bitzenburger is worth that  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Rummage sale finds
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 08:35:07 PM »
Sounds like you made out like a bandit Jim. Gotta love them yard sales. Back about 73 or 74 I bought a H&R Topper 12ga., full choke, with a 36 inch barrel at a garage sale for $12.50. There wasn't a scratch or ding on it and it looked brand new. I have never been able to find another bargain like that. They don't seem come to often. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline jh45gun

Rummage sale finds
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 05:45:29 AM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
Sounds like you made out like a bandit Jim. Gotta love them yard sales. Back about 73 or 74 I bought a H&R Topper 12ga., full choke, with a 36 inch barrel at a garage sale for $12.50. There wasn't a scratch or ding on it and it looked brand new. I have never been able to find another bargain like that. They don't seem come to often. :D
 Yea that Topper sounds like it was a great buy! Do not see many guns at sales and the ones I do are either priced way over priced or cheap. The last good one I seen was a  Iver Johnson Sealed 8 22 pistol that the guy wanted 80 bucks for and it was mint! I should have borrowed the money as I did not have it at the time.  :(

Offline jh45gun

Rummage sale finds
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 05:22:18 PM »
Quote from: TM7
I was out walkin my dog, and we often would go 5 miles or so. Came across a garage sale and the guy had a 15hp mercury OB with electric start for $25. Only problem was I didn't have my wallet. So, I offered my watch and my dog for holding till I went and got my money and truck. He said no,no he'll hold it for me. Wouldn't you know, he sold it to somebody else by the time I got back. Man was I pissed....I guess a man's WORD doesn't mean much ard New York. Moral of story--always, always have some walking around money on you.

................TM7
Yep guy probably offered a few more bucks  :cry:  Happens all the time I have even had them do that when I was standing there buying stuff. It only happens once with them though!  :twisted: