Author Topic: Looking for a 20 gauge barrel for my wifes new Topper.  (Read 554 times)

Offline 2strong

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for a 20 gauge barrel for my wifes new Topper.
« on: August 16, 2004, 10:45:12 AM »
What's up everyone. I recently bought my wife a topper in .410 for our wedding anniversary(romantic ain't I :) ) We went out shooting  wobble trap yesterday & she couldn't hit a thing with it(neither could i), I bought it for her to hunt squirrels, but we went to the trap range on a whim & she liked it. Anyways she says it kicks like a bb gun & that I should have gotten her a 20 gauge. SO now I'm looking for a barrel & I don't want to wait 4-8 wks for one to come..If I wait that long she might not be interested in shooting trap anymore. If anyone has one that their interested in sellin', I'm interested in buyin. BTW I refinished the stock on the topper & she loved it. I would post pics, but I don't know how   :?  Thanks for your time. Take Care & God Bless

Chris"2strong" Turner

Hospital Corpsman First Class

US Navy

Chris \\2Strong\\ Turner

United States Navy

JESUS IS LORD!

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
Looking for a 20 gauge barrel for my wifes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 10:50:16 AM »
They have to be fitted by a smith. May be cheaper to  buy a new 20.

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 11:15:30 AM »
You should be able to find a 20ga barrel here on the forum if you inquire often enough and check the classified section. Although H&R frowns on it, you can easily fit another barrel to you gun. It might require a little bit of pushing, fitting, etc. but usually they fit up nicely.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 02:08:05 PM »
Unless you find a really screamin' deal on a barrel You would probably be better served by just going to a pawn shop and picing up a used one. sometimes barrels fit and some times they don't try it 1st if possible>I know some of the dimensions on the old toppers were different
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Looking for a 20 gauge barrel for my wifes new Topper.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 04:30:05 PM »
Quote from: 2strong
BTW I refinished the stock on the topper & she loved it. I would post pics, but I don't know how   :?  Thanks for your time. Take Care & God Bless

2strong I've been toying with the idea of refinishing my Topper (also a .410) what was the wood like under the black paint/stain?  What did you refinish it with? Post some pic's if you can.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline 2strong

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:28:19 AM »
Brett- I still don't know how to post pics, but if you PM me your e-mail I'll gladly send u pics. I even have a pic of what the stock looks like stripped. I stipped it with DADS stripper & wet sanded it first with 220 grit & then 400 grit(let it dry for a day). Sanded it again with 400 grit & I stained it with miniwax stain(let it dry for a day) & applied 2 coats of tung oil 1 day apart. God Bless.

Chris \\2Strong\\ Turner

United States Navy

JESUS IS LORD!