Author Topic: Just Wondering?  (Read 441 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Just Wondering?
« on: August 20, 2004, 10:25:49 PM »
Hey have any of you guys seen this new Mossberg bolt-action that Wal-Mart is carrying? Chambered for 30-06 and .270 it seems to be a knock-off of the Rem 710. I've heard it was made for Mossberg by Savage which peaks my interest as Savage makes some of the most inexpensive accurate guns out there......next to H&R/NEF of course.  :-)  
Wal-Mart's list price is $244 and change, not bad for bolt gun huh?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Natman

• Trade Count: (0)
Mossberg guns
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 03:43:25 AM »
If there rifles are as good as there shotguns then no doubt they will be good...I don't think you have to put a gold mine into a gun to get accuracy..It is mostly in the name..I would put my Mossberg 835 against a Benelli or Berretta shotgun anyday and I only have about 250 dollars in it..

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Just Wondering?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 05:35:25 AM »
Unless they use a halve ass barrel rather than a tomato stake it wont shoot any better than most cheap guns. A good barrel is where the cost comes in. $244 would only buy a good barrel not including chambering and fitting. I have to grant that the Mossberg pump gun is one tough animal but that is like comparing apples with oranges. Fred M
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline safetysheriff

• Trade Count: (0)
Just Wondering?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 02:53:47 PM »
The only problem with the $244 price tag, which is maybe what a good rifle really ought to cost, is that in today's world you probably can't find an accurate and reliable bolt gun for that kind of money.     I'd save up the $379 to buy a Remington Model 700 from Wal-Mart instead.     ALL of the Model 700's I've worked with are excellent rifles, with fully-adjustable triggers for weight-of-pull, creep, and trigger stop!

Good luck.
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.