Author Topic: OT but good times  (Read 595 times)

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
OT but good times
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »
Vance volunteered a couple of hours (with only a little arm twisting) to help me do a radio show. We share an interest in bluegrass music as well as an interest in shooting. The Dry Branch Fire Squad came in for an interview, and the result was one of the oddest (and maybe the funniest) things ever to hit radio.

I dunno about Vance, but I'm gonna laugh for weeks. One of the funnier parts is that the show was in a time slot normally occupied by an early classic music show. Just thinking of the folks who tuned in expecting Gregorian chants and getting Ron Thomason of the DBFS and me trying to outdo each other with the dumb country hick routine is enough to keep me grinning.

The rest of the band was laughing out loud, and Vance was hiding around the corner.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
OT but good times
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 02:09:59 AM »
DJ, how about getting a copy of the show (are they recorded?) and posting a few sound bites here for us. If you are able give us the city/town and state as well as radio call letters and number (frequency) of that station as well as when the show may be on again or that one replayed and we could possibly use our computers to tune into the station!!! Thanks....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Leftoverdj

OT but good times
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 08:24:32 AM »
Sorry, MSP, it's just a little college station and not on the internet.  I am too unsure of the copyright complications to go posting a personal recording and what I have is partial anyway.

Maybe Vance will have comments, but I just wanted to let you know that we had a glorious good time together.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
OT but good times
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 04:16:43 AM »
Ahh yes, I remember it well. It's the first time I ever saw DJ speechless.
 Ron Thomason gave a speech regarding bluegrass music much in the same manner, Yogi Berra would explain how to get to Yankee Stadium from Iraq.
              Deeply humorous that guy is. Are you breathing DJ :wink:

vANCe
no x now!