Author Topic: How old is it  (Read 439 times)

Offline rob4

• Trade Count: (0)
How old is it
« on: August 23, 2004, 05:48:47 PM »
I got a 20 ga single shot at a pawn shop in excellent shape for $50.  The (heat treated look) receiver says "Harrington & Richardson Inc."  The serial# is AM2XXXXX.  It looks exactly like a new NEF Pardner (Light colored stock, plastic trigger guard).  The Barrel says "Topper Model 58" , and "3" MOD".  Is this a newer H&R 1871 gun? or an old Harrington & Richardson.  (I guess it could have a replacement barrel on it...)  If I look up the AM serial number designation, it indicates a 1974 manufacture, which is impossible, it's too clean).  The 3" chamber indicates newer.

Any ideas on how old or new this is???

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
How old is it
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 01:15:58 AM »
I'm sure that it is in fact the gun that you found it to be when you looked it up. H&R no longer makes a gun that looks like a Pardner and you cannot have barrels added at the factory for your gun. However, I have a Pardner shotgun and recently purchased two "topper" barrels for it and they locked up and shoot fine. This addition of barrels will also work in reverse. Check out this thread.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=36991

or this one.....

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=38252
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
How old is it
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 02:16:54 AM »
rob4, Sounds like you were lucky enough to have found an older gun that was shot little and well taken care of.  They are rare but they do turn up on occasion.  

As a cautionary side note: You should never list a firearms full serial number (especially with a detailed description of the gun) in any public place. Always replace the last 3 or 4 digets with "x"'s (ex.: AM234XXX)  What's to stop someone from reporting your gun as being stolen from them.  Does not matter that you bought it legally from a dealer or pawn shop, you would be out a gun.  If I was you I would go back and edit my original post.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC