Author Topic: Beretta on OLN  (Read 535 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Beretta on OLN
« on: August 30, 2004, 01:26:29 PM »
Hi guys,
Did anyone see that hunt on OLN from Beretta? The guy that  was hunting on the show I believe was in North Dakota. In the beginning  this guy was talking about responsibility in the field. About shot placement, the right scope & bringing shooting sticks. His rifle was a Tikka. Not sure what caliber. He was hunting mule deer. He spotted a nice buck lets say 150-200 yards away with about 8 doe's. The buck was facing toward him & the wind was in his favor. This guy to me made a bad shot on the buck. Hitting the left front shoulder. The big buck was jumping around on the other three legs. The doe's were not spooked. I'm yelling @ the tv put another bullet in him. This guy is smiling talking about a steak dinner. The buck finally did die. If anyone here seen this hunt & seen something different please share your thoughts. I would have waited for the buck to turn or shot the buck in the center of the chest. To me I would have been embarrassed to show that on tv. To let an animal suffer like that. This tv show will probably be recruitment tool for the anti hunter.  :evil:

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Beretta on OLN
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 02:22:55 PM »
I watch the show whenever I catch it on t.v  but I did not catch that one.  I would have no problem with a quartering towards shot but then I never had one take a step afterwards . . . they have always gone straight down.  But I have never taken a straight on shot.  Of course the camera angle would not be the same as his shooting angle (unless the camera was directly behind him).  Perhaps the angle was good but he only took out one lung?

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
Beretta on OLN
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 02:33:54 PM »
HE had time for three more shots if you ask me he was talking about steak dinner before the buck hit the ground.  :lol: