Author Topic: Hmmmmmm.....  (Read 485 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Hmmmmmm.....
« on: September 07, 2004, 04:03:15 PM »
The Conservatives have spokesmen like The Rock, much of the NFL..(Steve Largent, Roger Staubach, JC Watts, etc) , Chuck Norris and others!

Even the Hollywood contingent are apparently MEN...Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington etc.

Is Arnold Schwartzenegger right; do the Democrats really appeal to a bunch of "girlie men" ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline IntrepidWizard

• Trade Count: (0)
Hmmmmmm.....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 04:31:59 PM »
Democratic women go for the sizzle and don't see the meat.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline FWiedner

Re: Hmmmmmm.....
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 04:34:08 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
The Conservatives have spokesmen like The Rock, much of the NFL..(Steve Largent, Roger Staubach, JC Watts, etc) , Chuck Norris and others!

Even the Hollywood contingent are apparently MEN...Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington etc.

Is Arnold Schwartzenegger right; do the Democrats really appeal to a bunch of "girlie men" ?

IG, don't take this the wrong way.  I just gotta rant.

First; The question - YES.  Liberal men are usually "girly" men.

Second; I don't happen to give a good G_d D_amn what ANY of the folks you've listed has to say about anything, and I certainly don't hold them up as any shining examples of "man-hood".  Men work for a living.  Each and every one of these persons is an entertainer of one flavor or another, (and questionable talent at that) with the exception of J.C. Watts, but even there I'd have to take a long, hard look.

The lifestyles and values of these people are so far removed from anything that a normal everyday person experiences that nothing they have to say or think is even remotely applicable to REAL LIFE.

Oh sure, they may know a few "buzz" words, and be able to quote popluar opinions picked up here and there, in order to maintain a fan base and popularity.  That is, after all, how each and every one of these people make their living, by getting other people to like them and give them money for nothing tangible in return.

I place much more value on the opinions and attitudes of the guys and gals at the gun club, or the folks at the office, and even the kids down at the community college, than I would a group of unproductive, overpaid, popularity seekers.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
Hmmmmmm.....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 10:34:23 PM »
Remember... actors spend their entire lives pretending to be that which they aren't.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Hmmmmmm.....
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 01:39:57 AM »
The only reason I mentioned actors is for comparative purposes...not for political validation...
 Frankly, I believe that men like JC Watts and Steve Largent are for real...we can look at their voting record...
   Roger Staubach is a well known conservative and I believe his lifestyle is a bit more admirable than many of those "girlie men"
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Hmmmmmm.....
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 08:44:32 AM »
Quote from: Squirrelsaurus Rex
Remember... actors spend their entire lives pretending to be that which they aren't.

I wish more people would remember that and take the actors advice for what it is worth.

:D
Deactivated as trouble maker