Author Topic: Outgunned by Granny  (Read 548 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Outgunned by Granny
« on: September 10, 2004, 12:43:25 PM »
Just getting some ammo today when I noticed an older lady picking up 5 boxes of 12ga Lightfield Slugs. She was retired age and a smaller framed lady. I asked if they were for her husband or son and she said, no, they were for her, she was getting sighted in for deer season. Shotgun doesn't start for another 2 months. Most guys around here shoot about 1 box a year just to make sure its sighted in from last year, so she's no casual deer hunter.

I just thought it odd that she opted for the 12ga when its supposedly according to many "too much recoil" to handle. :-D  :)  :D  :-D  :)  :D

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Outgunned by Granny
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »
I like my 12 Gauge!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Outgunned by Granny
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 05:02:30 PM »
If she's shooting them out of a heavy auto she's probably getting less felt recoil than a 20ga tracker. I wish my wife was into hunting.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Outgunned by Granny
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:46:37 AM »
That's pretty funny...Especially with some guys claiming that they do not like the 12GA recoil.  Good for that woman...I wonder how her shoulder feels when she is finished sighting in?
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense