Author Topic: Ubertia conversion report  (Read 561 times)

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Ubertia conversion report
« on: September 01, 2004, 07:04:56 PM »
I'll say this for Ubertia, on a 51' navy I converted to cartrige I noticed that the action works like a colt, you turn the cylinder till the hand indexes and then you can punch out the cartrige.  The Peita that I converted works like a Vaquero, if you rotate past the hand you have to go all the way around.

I just wonder how the action could be that differant on basicly the same gun?  Longer hand, differant ratchet teeth, on the Peita?
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Flint

TIMING
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 06:40:27 AM »
Some do and some don't on both brands, it's a matter of the exact location of the rachet teeth on the cylinder, the length of the hand, hand spring tension and the cylinder gap or total endshake.  More endshake is going to decrease the rotation angle.

If you installed a Kirst, the ratchet star is probably the same on both, if you have two of the same model, swap and see what happens.  If the timing is good, leave it, but adjusting the hand, or the tension on the hand spring could make a difference.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
Ubertia conversion report
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 09:15:12 PM »
Thanks Flint, I only have one conversion of each, I wasn't planning on converting the Uberti but found that .380 balls were to small to shave lead all the way around so it got a kirst with the loading gate.  I'll have to check the position of the ratchet teeth as they compare to the Peita, sure would be nice if I could time it like the Uberti
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com