Author Topic: newbie to the group, just a cannon nut  (Read 565 times)

Offline wallyW

• Trade Count: (0)
newbie to the group, just a cannon nut
« on: September 02, 2004, 08:13:44 AM »
north florida here, 59 retired& tired, vermont  transplant,,, wally is the name and i hope this post works, i had a bit of trouble finding  things , well any how Wildhorsecannon@webtv.net is my email address, i build metal Spudguns, firecracker cannon, black powder cannon , golf ball cannon, propane cannon, noize makers,and the neatest  is a beercan mortar,I have photos  i can send,,,  THE latest thing is i need help with the size of the wall on a oxygen tank  of about 29-29.5 inch cirumferance ,  and some spects of a co2 tank mortar, dont know if an oxygen tank and co2 tank are the same , this thing i'm going to build i;m going to use a trailer ball to plug the end of the tank where the valve was  the threads are the same size but tapped different the valve has a taper to it, so the threads in the tank will have to be chased out and then  legs in the front , and a ground plate to set the ball into , drill a fuze hole just above or below the ring on the tank end,    kaboom,have built  a few mortars, but none this big , saw one at a machine gun shoot , loved it  have to have one  ,email me i'll send you a link to the stuff i build

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:02:48 AM »
Welcome Wally, new faces are always welcomed and pictures of your cannons are always encouraged.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »
WW - welcome.  Metal spud guns - eh?  Sounds serious - like serious fun.

Got your PM.  You're leanring the system.  Each board is a little different.  The key is to ask questions - the more you ask the more discussion is generated.

We're generally wide open here about topics, the limiting factors being SAFETY, legality, and politeness.

We'd love to see some of your pix.  Post a few if you can.  There are several free hosting sites (you post your pictures to the host site and then refer to it in your post on the forum).
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)