Author Topic: 20mm & 40mm barrels  (Read 766 times)

Offline lapetit

• Trade Count: (0)
20mm & 40mm barrels
« on: September 05, 2004, 12:33:17 PM »
International military Antiques (www.ima-usa.com) has 40mm Bofors barrels, new condition, unissued for $995.00 plus shipping. US 20mm M404 Hispano Suiza barrels and US 20mm M61 Vulcan barrels for $175.00 plus shipping. I have seen the Bofors barrels and they are in original arsenal crates packed in grease and wrapped in protective paper. They are brand new and come with recoil spring and flash hider.
I do not work for IMA. I've done business with them four times and have been very pleased.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
20mm & 40mm barrels
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 02:49:46 AM »
For a person restoring his 40MM Bofers that probably is a very reasonable price, but it's a bit steep for a model cannon maker.  40 MM would be a good size for model Whitworth rifle.

The 20mm barrels are a little better priced for our game, and would also work for Whitworths.

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
20mm & 40mm barrels
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »
My post of April 9th with caption "Blaster Bob's Deck Gun" shows what we did with a chamber end of a 20 M/M bbl.  I have yet to fire the critter.  However, I am about to recharge the battery in my camcorder to record the blast off.
I'll be at a safe place (behind a big stack of railroad ties) and let the camera do the visual part of checking it out.  :wink:  I do consider this model to be kinda basically close to the Whitworth.
Blaster
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)