Author Topic: Do shotgun barrels need to be fitted at the factory?  (Read 535 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Do shotgun barrels need to be fitted at the factory?
« on: October 04, 2004, 02:29:51 AM »
I oughta know the answer to this, but suffer from CRS.  Do shotgun receivers need to be sent to the factory to have another shotgun barrel fitted to it, or can they be ordered, and just dropped into the receiver?  I am thinking about getting a tracker II 20 ga. barrel for my son's 20 ga. pardner.  Thanks for the input.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Do shotgun barrels need to be fitted at the
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 02:56:47 AM »
Yes and no. If you buy from H&R1871 it must be fitted by them. If you buy a used barrel from someone else you take a chance if it might fit or not. If not, the chances are good you may be able to fit it yourself. On those rare occasions that it might not be able to be fit to one of your actions then just sell it to another forum member here. I would venture a guess that just about any barrel in decent shape could be sold here as long as a rerasonable price was asked for it and it were in decent shape. As long as one or the other of those conditions were met it would sell here. I have seen barrels that were described as not being in good shape that were priced a bit high that did not sell right away. That said, if the barrels  were priced a bit lower, or were in a bit better shape and the shipping cost were only charged as the Post Office chaged them with no added markup anything should sell here, if for nothing else then for an experiment or spare barrel....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley