Author Topic: TODAY IN HISTORY  (Read 466 times)

Offline IntrepidWizard

• Trade Count: (0)
TODAY IN HISTORY
« on: September 23, 2004, 05:08:32 PM »
only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." --Nathan Hale, American Patriot, in his last words before being hanged by the British, without a trial, this day, September 22, 1776.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
TODAY IN HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 05:48:25 PM »
uhhh.... today's the 23rd, not the 22nd.
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
TODAY IN HISTORY
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 04:10:17 PM »
Sadly the 22nd of September will be marred by congress deciding to issue a formal apology on behalf of the US to the Indians. And the words of patriots will be drowned out  by sniveling girly men. Apologies are given by those who have committed transgresions. My generation has done nothing but give to the Indian.
So we've got Nathan Hale who regrets the one life he has to give for the country. Patrick Henry says give me liberty or give me death. Now we've got I'm sorry.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356