Author Topic: 1x muzzle loading scope  (Read 1017 times)

Offline gus

• Trade Count: (0)
1x muzzle loading scope
« on: January 17, 2003, 03:51:04 AM »
State restrictions require that I use a zero magnifiction scope muzzleloader hunting.  I prefer to use scope rather then red-dot.  Would sure appreciate suggestions for a good scope and reliable removable mounts(cleaning issue).

New member,great site!

Thanks, Gus

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
1x muzzle loading scope
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 09:35:24 AM »
I think Burris makes the only 1X (no magnification) scope on the market. Weaver base and Burris Zee Rings make for a quick detactable combo that is cheap and repeatable when you put it back on. You might also want to look at red dot sights but other than the Bushnell Holosight I have no experience with them.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
1x muzzle loading scope
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 03:25:03 PM »
Nikon also make a 1x20 blackpower scope in the Buckmaster series.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

1x muzzle loading scope
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 04:17:04 PM »
I have seen the Nikon on a TC Omega muzzleloader.  The optics were bright - but the clarity and resolution was not as good as the Monarchs - but then again all of the monarchs are better than the buckmaster series.  Still, it's actually a nifty little scope - sure beats the heck out of iron sights.   :grin:

Zachary

Offline savageT

Re: 1x muzzle loading scope
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 08:30:23 AM »
Quote from: gus
State restrictions require that I use a zero magnifiction scope muzzleloader hunting.  I prefer to use scope rather then red-dot.  Would sure appreciate suggestions for a good scope and reliable removable mounts(cleaning issue).
New member,great site!
Thanks, Gus

Gus,  Why don't you want a Red-Dot? I don't know what kind of hunting conditions you're in, but that Tasco red-dot of mine is mounted on my Ithaca Deerslayer 12 ga.  You can follow through as you bring in the target with BOTH eyes open and eye relief/alignment is not critical!!!  Can't do that with a scope!  If you ever used and loved open sights, you'll love the red-dot that much more.  The only thing I can think of I am concerned about is if I leave the battery switch on and it runs down.  Always carry a spare!
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline cliffs

Nikon
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 05:57:42 PM »
I have a Nikon 1x muzzle scope and it works great. Takes a little getting used to in that you can see the barrel when you look through it but it eliminates the blurry eyes of us 50 plus guys. I got mine at DNR for about 125 bucks.
Spring We Strut, Fall We Rut