Author Topic: pac boots for hunting  (Read 577 times)

Offline summitx

• Trade Count: (0)
pac boots for hunting
« on: September 27, 2004, 05:35:55 PM »
I will be deer hunting in MN in Nov, was wondering if anybody uses these type of boots and did you like them, I'm looking at the 10" outfitterII

http://www.schnees.com/

Offline 7mm MAGNUM

pac boots for hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 05:48:07 PM »
I do the majority of my hunting in northern Michigan and I too use "Pac-Boots" when the conditions call for them. I have a pair of Rocky Pac-boots and they are rated good to -135* and I've got to say that my feet are actually TOO warm at times. I use a pair of those thin poly socks for wicking moisture and that's about it. I've had them for about 5 years now and they are still as good as new.

I rate them "Two Thumbs up" & 5 stars!  8)
Shoot Straight & Stay Safe!   :D

Terry Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Michigan Steelheaders Assn
MUCC
Michigan Bow Hunters Assn

Offline SLAVAGE

• Trade Count: (21)
  • A Real Regular
pac boots for hunting
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 06:40:06 PM »
what u want are rockey snow stalker extreams ther 1200 gram thinsolate, sent blocking an are rated for -140 ish temp check them out
im a skinny punk that gets cold realy quick lol i got them for deer hunting in pa well last year i was useing them it was about -10 temp an at dawn i relized both my feet was in a swamp for about  2 hours an i dident even know it lol so i take them every year the last 3 years just in case i get really cold an once ther gone ill get another pair ther the best thing i goten next to a thinsolate gortex cap lol
dave

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
pac boots for hunting
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 03:23:07 AM »
Since falling down & spraining & dislocating my knee wearing Sorrel pac boots on flat ground I swore never to put on a pair again. I found thus particular brand to have  no ankle support & poor traction.

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
pac boots for hunting
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 03:30:01 AM »
I have a pair of Danners with 600gr thinsulate. Not as warm as the snowstalkers, etc, but better for walking in rugged terrain. Very supportive, comfortable and waterproof for crossing streams, etc.

I carry "boot blankets" in my pack and when I am sitting for a while, I pullem out and wear over the Danners. You can put those heat packs inside the bootblankets as well, although I haven't tried it.

I wear heavy knee high wool socks with poly liners--get the real wool min 85%, not the blends which sometimes only have a small amount of wool in em

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
pac boots for hunting
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 07:50:41 PM »
Deer hunting in MN can be an adventure.  What type of hunting are you going to be doing?  Stand, still, driving?  We are stand hunters for the most part.  Last yr. opening day was well below 0.  Day two was almost shirt sleeve.  I rec. the Ice King.  Not the best to walk in but..........warm.  I also rec. having some of the disposable toe warmers on hand.  Last yr. they did not keep my toes warm but took enough of the edge off to be able to stay in the woods.  The white military rubber boot is also very warm.  The Sportsman's Guide  markets one similar which supposed to be even warmer.  The poly socks are great.  If you purchase a pair of pacs with a removable liner, do so nightly.
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline upnorth

• Contributor
pac boots for hunting
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 10:13:31 AM »
I hunt deer here in manitoba, and last year the temp went down to -37c for a couple of days. I had purchased a pair of cabela's predator pac boots. the best inverstment I ever made. have a spot on the bottom to put a hand warmer. lots of support, and priced right. 129.95. I stillhunt here, so I'm not moving much.
you wanna take my guns? go ahead, it's your arm!