Author Topic: Forends  (Read 464 times)

Offline New Hampshire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Forends
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:48:10 AM »
Ill be ordering a 20ga NEF Pardner from Wal-Mart hopefully sometime this month.  While cruising their website I noticed that it seems like all the pics, except for a selected few, have straight forends as opposed to the schnable like forends.  Are these straight forends the new "norm" or are all the Pardners still schnables?  I ask because I really like the schnable, though Im not turned off from this purchase if it should turn out to be straight forends all the way.  But I just would like to know.  Also, how is the quality of the wood right now on these guns?  My buddy has an older(ish) model 12ga Pardner, with the schnable of course  :grin: , and the wood seems to be rather attractive for an inexpensive gun.  Though he did crack the forend where the screw is, which might be why NEF might have turned to straight forends.
Thanks,
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
Forends
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:46:56 AM »
yeah all the new ones that i have seen are the straight type. i liked the schnable too but apparently NEF didnt.

the wood on the one i bought a couple months ago is very nice, better than on a lot of my other guns.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.