Author Topic: O-ring trick  (Read 873 times)

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
O-ring trick
« on: October 11, 2004, 02:58:33 PM »
What exactly is this oring trick i am hearing about? I don't understand it. Where does it go under the forearm and how does it work...Just tell me everything on it because i don't understand. Does it make the gun more accurate?
New England Fireams Tracker II plus (USHD) 12 ga
.223 handi rifle
1903A3 Springfield in 6mm rem.
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
O-ring trick
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:09:35 AM »
The 'O' ring trick won't do a thing for a shotgun. It has been shown to help rifle accuracy in many instances.  The 'O' ring goes around the forearm mounting lug on the barrel.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
O-ring trick
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 02:04:57 AM »
The O-ring trick can work on shotguns shooting rifled slugs.  I put one on my son's tracker II, and it did tighten the groups somewhat.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
O-ring trick
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 05:01:26 AM »
the oring trick can help slug guns and rifles. get an oring or piece of thick rubber, put beween the forearm and the stud to float the barrel. this should create a gap between the barell and forearm that you can slide a business card between. the screw should be tightened the same number of turns every time to keep it consistant. you may also need to sand out the barell channel slightly on the forearm.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
O-ring trick
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 11:05:50 AM »
:oops:  Sorry,  was thinking bird shot, slugs hadn't  entered my mind for some reason.  I guess the 'o' ring trick could help with slug groups like it does  rifles.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC