Author Topic: Pardner turkey question  (Read 779 times)

Offline Mman

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner turkey question
« on: October 12, 2004, 04:33:26 AM »
Does the turkey version come with a screw in choke system? According to the web site it looks like the 10g and one version of the 12 comes with a choke system, and then one version of the 12g and the 20g come fixed choke only. Coulds some on please shed some light on this. I thinking of setting up one of these for my main rig next year and would like to get started. What price range will I be looking at for one of these? Any advice in this project would be helpful!

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
Pardner turkey question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:55:54 AM »
mman,

the camo 12 has fixed full. the black has screw in extra full. both have 3.5" chamber.

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Pardner turkey question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 07:36:24 AM »
Mman,
You may want to consider this if your lookin for a 12 gauge....An upgrade version of the Topper is now available in 12 gauge with a ventilated rib and choke tube system (modified tube provided). The TopperĀ® Deluxe Classic features a 28" barrel with a bead front sight, and a nickel-plated receiver. The stock is genuine American Walnut with a ventilated recoil pad. The most handsome Topper ever!

Of course you may want to invest in some camo tape for that nickled reciever. The vent rib gives you the added advantage of adding some Tru-Glo adjustable open sights front and rear or possibly a cantilever scope rail if your so inclined...Get yourself a good Turkey Choke and enjoy...think they go for about $143 thru Walmart not bad for a gun that can shoot 3.5" and weighs 5-6lbs ... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline jeff223

Pardner turkey question
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:54:48 PM »
one thing you forgot to tell him about this 3.5 inch shooting  nef shotgun MTNMAN

IT WILL KICK LIKE HELL :shock:  :shock: with the 3.5 inchers

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
Pardner turkey question
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 09:08:38 AM »
yes the recoil will be hell. i'm going to get a ported choke tube and mabe a dead mule for mine. haven't shot mine yet with the 3.5's. the 3.5's may not even pattern that well. we'll see. i just got my scope rail mounted and forcing cone lengthened. swapping out the black wood for synthetics which are in the mail right now. hope to get some range time with it in january.

Offline bamaboy

Pardner turkey question
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »
:D
Hello,
I bought a 12ga. fixed choke version last Spring, killed my first turkey with it.  I could not be happier with the gun.  It is odd that the camo 12 does not have the choke tubes.  Whichever model you buy, get the forcing cone polished, they are very rough.  I plan on having the forcing cone on mine polished before next season, it should help the patterns.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Pardner turkey question
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:23:24 PM »
I shot a box of 3 1/2" no.2 hevi-shot at geese with great success. It does kick the crap out of you. I doubt I'l shoot any more 3 1/2" I just had to try some. I think If I wanted that pay load I'd go to the 10ga. I've heard it doesn't pattern any better but never tried. It patterned good enough to knock those big canada geese out of the air out to 40 yards.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun