Author Topic: the past 3 days out deer hunting  (Read 480 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
the past 3 days out deer hunting
« on: October 14, 2004, 12:21:57 PM »
the past 3 days I went deer hunting I was in 2 different places. two days I used apple cider in a spray bottle and the 3 rd I didn't. the first 2 days I had had deer come in to me with in an hour of spraying the apple cider. the 3 rd day i forgot it and didn't see a single deer. day 1 was about 10 miles for where I hunted day 2 and day 3 was in the same place as day 2.

on day 1 I had a doe come with in 40 yards of me until I coughed and scared her. day 2 I had a buck walk behind me at about 20 yards but did not give me a clean shot. I think the apple cider has a lot to do with the deer coming in.

Offline JPSaxMan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 12:35:49 PM »
Sure sounds like putting 2 and 2 together. I hope you get a deer with that new technique (mebe even a 10 pointer)  :-D  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 01:22:40 PM »
I really don't care if it is a 10 pt 30 pt spike or doe. the only thing I care about is that it gives me a clean shot. I hunt for food and not for a head. now mind you if a big one walks by I will not think twice  :-D

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 01:56:12 PM »
Ricky :  Years ago b-4 there was anything known as deer scents we used to use apple cider in Mich. we would spray it on a tree or bush along a well used deer trail it was always guranteed to get them to stop and get a nose full of it. :D    JIM