Author Topic: Internet gun sales?  (Read 549 times)

Offline EZshot

• Trade Count: (0)
Internet gun sales?
« on: September 21, 2004, 04:26:05 AM »
I'm considering posting a couple rifles for sale via the internet (possibly using this site) and was looking for some comments from anyone with first hand experience.  I've read some of the seller's tutorials on other sites like Gunbroker/Auction Arms but I was interested in feedback on how you packaged the rifles for shipping, what carrier you used, how much it costed, etc..  Any other related feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Medbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Sending long guns...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 09:15:53 AM »
I usually run out and get the cheapest plastic hardcase I can from Walmart or something and send it in that and its original box.  Makes everyone happy and most guys will gladly pay the extra 10-15 bucks to have it arrive safe and sound.  I then wrap the rifle with bubble wrap and put it in the case.  Unless of course you have the original box then I would wrap and double box that and not worry about it.  I haven't had one that I've sold damaged yet.  

Different story on guys shipping to me though. :cry:

Good luck!

Billy

PS:  Shipping is usually 20-25 dollars unless you have an account with one of the shipping companies.  If you go to the UPS or USPS websites they can walk you through it.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Internet gun sales?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 01:36:07 AM »
I have used the services of an area gun shop for shipping. They had many shipping cartons that were rifle sized and charged me $5 for packaging it.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!