Author Topic: Bought it Today  (Read 759 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Bought it Today
« on: October 08, 2004, 02:33:59 PM »
I cancelled my order for my deluxe Classic due to a three to four month back order.  Did some digging and found one at a local gun shop (they actually had three).

I went in at lunch and put it on layaway to secure it until payday.  I know it sounds pathetic to put a $160 gun on layaway but I didn't want it to get sold before cash was available.
 :-D Plus times are tough if you know what I mean.

One question I have, the gun didn't have a choke wrench in the box.  Is it supposed to?  The shop said no, but that doesn't make sense to me.  If no, tool how do you get it out without damaging the barrel?
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Bought it Today
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 02:42:52 PM »
Just call CS and inquire, if there is supposed to be one there and it was not I am sure CS will immediately ship one out to you for no charge....<><.... :grin:

you know for all the problems we seem to complain about here CS sure seems to try thier best to rectify them as best they can....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Bought it Today
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »
Hey Speck - Where did ya find that little jewel at? It wasn't at my favorite store out at 19th and MacArthur was it?
Good advice form MSP too, I'd call.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Bought it Today
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 05:55:19 PM »
The Topper deluxe that I got a few years ago didn't come with a wrench either. The few times I have changed the tube a quarter has worked nicely. If I was something I did often I'd get a wrench. It I've never seen mention of a factory wrench either.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
Bought it Today
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 06:23:57 PM »
beat me to it. i was going to suggest a quarter too. i found that out the other day, pretty neat trick. :)
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
Bought it Today
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 02:14:14 AM »
if CS dont have any there should be ooooodddles of mossberg wrenches floatin around gun stores and shows  plus there are many on the aftermorket side for a couple bucks

Offline Specklebelly

• Contributor
Bought it Today
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 04:21:28 AM »
Quote from: lik2hunt
Hey Speck - Where did ya find that little jewel at? It wasn't at my favorite store out at 19th and MacArthur was it?

You are correct it was there at Outdoor America.  The funny thing is I called last week and they said they didn't have any.  I was looking on their website Thursday PM and it said they had three in stock.  :eek:  I must have talked to the wrong person.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try a quarter first and then CS if that doesn't do the trick.
Specklebelly

Offline Specklebelly

• Contributor
Bought it Today
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 04:23:31 PM »
Today was payday and I went by the shop and took my Classic off layaway.  

I just have to wait for the wife to go to work tomorrow and sneak it in. :-D

Once its in the safe I am home free.  She will never know the difference. :-D
Specklebelly

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Bought it Today
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 04:36:20 PM »
Unless she reads these posts....<><.... :-D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bought it Today
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 06:46:37 AM »
haha !

here are two fully tested methods of getting your gun into your house without having the wife raising a brow:

#1 - The Car Parts Method - Bring the gun home in a box marked "CAR PARTS".

i cannot take total credit for Method #1, BigBoreFan shipped a box of Gun Stuff to me in a box with a Chevy Mr Goodwrench label (or something like that) and my wife said "Those car parts you ordered arrived today" Cha-Ching ! Hats off to BBF for this one !!!!! (be sure to smear some grease on the box for that authentic look)

#2 - The Bonus Method - When you buy the gun, stop by the post office on the way home and ship it immediately off to NEF for a new Barrel or two. They will then ship it by UPS to your house. A month or so later, your first unexcited sounding words when the gun arrives; "Finally, that old gun is back from the factory !!!"

:)

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline whacker

• Trade Count: (0)
Bought it Today
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 10:54:59 AM »
I have  two methods that have worked for me several times what ever the item ;I just tell my wife I found it out hunting or I say it followed me home just like dog did with her. :-D Guilt can be a wonderful thing  :twisted:
you have to shoot good, to eat good 8)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Bought it Today
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 12:41:31 AM »
You can only get two guns a year this way but I make mine Christmas and birthday presents. And beleive me she gets a whole lot more than the cost of any of my guns.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Bought it Today
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »
I tell you what now, I like Scattergunner's methods pretty good. :) Sounds like he's been honing those skills and got 'em down. I need to try that. She's starting to get frustrated, but hey.......'tis the season!
 :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org