Author Topic: First black bear hunt in Maryland in 51 years.  (Read 407 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
First black bear hunt in Maryland in 51 years.
« on: October 25, 2004, 05:08:50 AM »
Well I didn't get my tag this year. But a friend get win a tag and he has invited me to go with him ( He wants to use my Tracker II 12 ga ) ( I don't go the gun doesn't go)  well we spend the morning hunting the greenridge state park in Allegany county, Maryland since it is also the early muzzle loader season I took my huntsman with us.  Well we didn't see any bear but I let three doe walk past as I didn't want to screw up his bear hunt.  Well now at least I can say I have been bear hunting.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
First black bear hunt in Maryland in 51 yea
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 08:46:32 AM »
That's great to hear, Dave. They were at one time thinking of re-stocking parts of east Texas but they were afraid they would be poached out so they backed off. Too bad. Take care of those does next time, will ya' :wink:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
First black bear hunt in Maryland in 51 yea
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »
First bears I ever saw in the wild were over in that area somewhere. They weren't really in the wild they were tearing the trash cans apart at the little hotel we were staying in. You sholud have taken a bow Dave. Then you could have harvested a doe and not disturbed the bear hunt.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun