Author Topic: Bush-kerry how school kids voted  (Read 398 times)

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Bush-kerry how school kids voted
« on: October 28, 2004, 03:15:46 PM »
This copied from my local paper today on a election for perz they had yesterday"

Bush topped Kerry in Wednesday's mock election at Deer Creek Elementary School, an exercise in democracy that involved 398 Nevada City children in grades three, four and five.

With 54 percent of the votes, George Bush bested John Kerry, who earned 44 percent, election orchestrater Debi Sekerak said. Ralph Nader received three votes, Al Gore received one vote and 10 children abstained.

With a requirement that would make pollsters salivate, the children had to justify their votes - generating a list of insightful and often hilarious explanations, some of which are below:

• "I vote Bush because Kerry is a wimp!"

• "The reason I am voting for this person is because I'd be really scared if Kerry was voted."

• "George Bush is targeting the war more and people in New York are even scared to go to bed."

• "Bush is right that we have to stomp the enemy."

• "I voted for Kerry because he would rather have our taxes go up instead of more people dying."

• "Kerry cares about the plants and trees and he doesn't want war."

• "Ever since we elected (Bush) we had war."

• "(Bush) started this stupid war with Iraq."

• "Because George lied to us about new weapons in Urok."

• "I also don't get why Bush went after NoSom Boosaan when No Soben Benloden attacked us."

• "I voted for Kerry... because our troops have already captured Son of Binladen and Sadam Whosane."

• "Bush is not very smart because he is kind of dumb."

• "I like (Kerry) because he 'might' be nice."

• "Because I'm more comfortable with John."

• "I think Kerry is a big-headed liar ... I think he's mean and terrible!"

• "I voted for Bush because John does not smile..."

• "Because I'm sick of Bush's stupid speeches and silly jokes."

• "I voted for Bush because I don't like Kerry. I think he is an absolute idiot..."

• "I want George Bush to win because he won't take away our right to own a weapon."

• "I voted for Kerry because Bush is making gas prices higher."

• "I voted for Bush because he believes and he cares about us and he believes in God so I trust him."

• "I voted for John Kerry... and he listens to my prayers just like God."

• "I voted for Kerry because I think he has more stuff planned."

• "It seems like (Bush) would do more in four years."

• "I voted for Kerry... He gets his money from his wife because her maiden name was Heinz like Heinz ketchup and his wife is involved in all that ketchup stuff so she's like a multimillionaire."

• "I voted for Bush because I think he is a good President and he is a Mormon like me."

• "Bush because he was president before anyone else..."

• "I voted for Bush because it said on the news that Kerry lied."

• "My mom and dad would want me to pick (Bush)."

• "Because my brother is the smartest person I know and he says 'no' to Bush'"

• "I voted for (Bush) because I'm a Republican."

• "(I voted for Nader) because the Green party focuses a lot on the environment."

• "(I voted for Kerry) because I like hockey more than fishing."

• "I like George Bush because I know him."

When you ask a kid a question you can get almost any kind of a answer, and its usually a stright awnser.  :-D

Gun Runner

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 03:02:45 AM »
Seems like most of the kids know more than most of the dumbocrats.  This also shows how our younger citizens fall into the voting patterns they do as adults.  Interesting.  Mikey.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 07:16:30 AM »
Interesting indeed. What if we let both canadates sit down with our kids and just answer their questions. Then let the kids vote on Tuesday instead of us. Kids are pretty good at picking trustworthy poeple. I think it'd be Bush in a landslide. Kerry's I'm smarter than you demeaner would not wash with the kids. Bush with his laid back common man persona would put the kids at ease.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356