Author Topic: CIVIC DUTY  (Read 384 times)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
CIVIC DUTY
« on: November 02, 2004, 09:31:06 AM »
I hope everyone got out and voted today. As I went in the door at my polling place I thought to myself how priviliged I was to live in a country where there is a free election of my choice of candidates, not some puppet dictator. Regardless who you voted for the choice was yours. I just wonder how long these freedoms are going to last. This country is more divided now than it has been in recent memory. Whatever the outcome we need to come together as one and thow our support behind whoever wins. Don't take our freedoms and liberty for granted. Some day when you wake up it may be gone. :cry:  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
CIVIC DUTY
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:37:09 AM »
My wife & I both voted this AM. We look at voting as both a privlege and a duty.
gino

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
CIVIC DUTY
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 12:00:59 PM »
I was 4th in line. Somebody at worked asked if I was going to vote. I told them that I already had, and I didnt give up some of the best years of my life not to vote. Some of my friends paid for that right with their lives if nothing more than respect for them, I will vote till the day I die.

Offline Dali Llama

CIVIC DUTY
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 01:08:09 PM »
Quote from: gino
We look at voting as both a privlege and a duty.
gino
That be correct, concur Dali Llama! :D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk